BitTorrent and uTorrent hit 100 million monthly users

By Emil
Jan 4, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. BitTorrent has announced that the BitTorrent Mainline client and µTorrent have now crossed the 100 million monthly user milestone. On an average day, 20 million users from over 220 countries use either of the two BitTorrent clients, available in 52 languages, and 400,000 new clients are downloaded every day.

Read the whole story
  2. Benny26

Benny26 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,568   +47

"Eric Klinker, BitTorrent CEO"

Captain Klinker (now that sounds funny :D)

I wonder if he has a talking parrott on one shoulder, or a wooden leg maybe....? I'll tell you one thing he has got...A big chest full of gold. ;)
  3. I wonder if the US government has enough jail space to put over a million people in jail for copyright infringement?
  4. princeton

princeton TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,716

The US government honestly doesn't give a F*CK. It's more agencies like the MPAA and RIAA.
  5. Tha General

Tha General TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,225

I use utorrent, very nice , fast small program. The best IMO
  6. arkantos

arkantos TechSpot Member Posts: 51

i use utorrent. light and easy to use. not sure if its secured.
  7. hitech0101

hitech0101 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 423   +19

Great more free downloads available with more seeders & leechers.Off course everything illegal.
  8. emmzo

emmzo TechSpot Member Posts: 60

It`s official: there hasn`t been such pirating since the 1700s. Captain Klinker and the 37 crew seem to have the best ship yet.
  9. gobbybobby

gobbybobby TechSpot Maniac Posts: 530

Yea the US government who think they can just inport any person they wish! Im sure the US will find a law Captain Kinker has broken or just make one up, like u do!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.