TechSpot

Black and white will not run

By ptitterington
Mar 13, 2004
  1. My daughter has previously completed this game on a lower spec now cannabalised machine.
    She Is now wanting to play again but on loading and installing the patch It will not get past the first picture on the screen.

I have searched as we had similar problems with the sims that only like a nice clean install of xp.

It wont even run on my main machine.

her spec is xp home sp1 athlon 2000 40gig hd abit KD7-E 512 ddr
    geforce4 ti4200

But she used Kazaar a lot and I am always removing viruses and spyware.

We have tried lowering settings and closing down background stuff but are now stumpped.

any ideas
    :mad:

2. StormBringer

StormBringer TS Rookie Posts: 2,871

I had a similar problem with the Sims as well, in my case, removing AC3 was the cure, although EA support tried to have me believe a fresh install was the only way I could fix it.

3. ptitterington

ptitterington TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 376

Is that AC3 flash plug in

Sorry to be stupid but please enlighten me
    Thanks
    Peter:)

4. StormBringer

StormBringer TS Rookie Posts: 2,871

AC3 sound. I don't remember exactly how to do it, I do remember you have to unregister the dlls and then remove the files or rename the extensions. Try doing a google search or maybe someone else knows how to do it.
    Personally, I found it to be a pain to remove AC3 when someone wanted to play Sims, then have to put it back to get my sound settings back like I had them.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.