Black screen on GTX 295

Hello!

This is driving me crazy. I Have an GTX 295, E8500 and P35-DS3R which has been working perfect for about 2 years. But then today, suddenly, the monitor wont show any picture. Just "Out of signal".

The computer boots just ok because I can hear the windows welcome sound and I can browse the shared folders from my laptop. But no picture. I've tried 3 diffrent monitors too, neither of them gets a signal.

I've clared CMOS, tried diffrent DVI-cables and replugged the GFX several times.

Anyone have any clue? :(

Card could be dead, which is not uncommon. If it's still covered under warranty you can just RMA it, but you can try a couple of things first. If there is no video at all, during POST and beyond, then it's not a driver issue. However, one thing you can try is re-seating the graphics card and perhaps isolating it with the power supply (i.e. connect only the VGA card to a string of power connectors). This may not make a difference with some PSU's but it's worth a shot. Another thing would to be try the card in a different computer if possible, since you've already tried multiple displays.

Personally, I would just call/email the manufacturer and set up an RMA. Like I said it's not uncommon for cards to just quit, even after just a couple of years. It's unfortunately the harsh reality of buying high end adapters, but that's why warranties are in place :)

Ok, do you the the GTX 295 is dead?
Its wierd because it boots into windows without problems i can hear on the speakers.

Also It worked yesteday like normal.

it's tough to make any accurate assumptions as i don't have the computer in front of me, but my best guess is that it's either the card itself or the power supply. windows may boot normally even without the video working because it's not really aware; the drivers can still load if the card is not functioning properly. if the card was working just recently, you might want to have a look at the power supply--which is also notorious for causing blue screens if it under-powers the graphics card. either way i think RMA'ing the card is your best option at the moment if you don't have another card to try in the computer.

Its wierd because it boots into windows without problems i can hear on the speakers.
In case you have doubts about what EXCellR8 said, when my Nvidia 8800 Ultra died I could hear Windows starting too. I could even shut down the computer using keystrokes I memorized. The card was 2.5 years into its 3 year warranty and I received an RMA from the manufacturer. They replaced it with a GTX 260 since 8800 Ultras were out of production.

Ok, I've just borrowed an 8800GTS from a friend and it works perfectly ok.
And I gave the GTX 295 one more chanse afterwars, but it just gave me the black screen again. I can hear windows is booting just fine tho with it, just no picture at all. Not even from bootscreen.

So the card is broken you think? What is the warranty of these card?

Excuse me for errors, im drunk *** hell.

You could borrow the card to your friend and see if it works in his setup.

Guarantee Depends on the manufacturer. if its BFG you may as well either throw it in the bin, or try and "bake" it in your oven :)

BFG have gone belly up.. :(

Back