Black Screen Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello... specs are

ZOTAC GeForce 9600GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card
GIGABYTE GA-MA770-DS3 AM2+/AM2 AMD 770 ATX All Solid Capacitor AMD Motherboard
Rosewill RP550V2-S-SL 550W SLI Ready-ATX12V V2.01 Power Supply
x2 amd 6000+ 125w
g.skill 2 gig dual channel ram
320 gig wd hard drive

Alright the problem I have been haveing was everytime I play a game i.e DoD:S or a hl2 mod the system would just autmatically go to black screen. Then it would sit until you restart it. I Checked my temps im getting...

Mainboard - 30c
CPU1 - 37C
CPU1 Core - 53C
CPU0 Core - 35C
HDD Temp - 32C
Cool fan running at 4218 rpm
Voltages +5V = +5.02
Core: +1.36
+3.3V = +3.34
+12V 11.60
GPU- 64C

This has been an up hill struggle since the build. I repluged everything in cleared away any cables for better air flow, reseated everything.

Tried....

different monitor
memtest
gpu test (ntune stress test 30 mins)
different keyboard
different games
making sure everything it absolutely plugged in

Somtimes When it crashes to black screen or whatever, it will automatically restart, but that only happens once in awhile.

Now Just the last time I crashed to black screen, my system speaker when off with a constint beeeeeeeep and didnt stop until I had to manually restart.

If you can help, it would be great.

-Thanks

All your temperatures are fine. Is that GPU temp with or without a load?

Does this occur only when you are playing games?

Did you test your voltage with a multimeter when the system is under a load? I am curious what the 12v rails put out under a load.

Have you run MemTest?

Have you updated your drivers?

Lastly, what BIOS does your system have, i.e., Phoenix, Award, etc.?

You obviously know how to build a system; for information and clarity is the reason I ask.

Thanks for the fast Reply, I found out that the 9 Series of cards been have the "Black Screen" Problem. So I'am sending the card back as we speak and getting another or mayb the 8800.

Yes, I heard of this "black screen" and the 9 series card. You may want to consider the ATI 3000 series cards as well. After the less than steller performance of ATI's 2000 series they got it right with their 3850 and 3870 offerings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back