TechSpot

Blizzard details third WoW expansion, Cataclysm

By Matthew
Aug 24, 2009
  1. Blizzard has officially unveiled World of Warcraft's third expansion, "Cataclysm." Discussed at the company's recent BlizzCon event, the expansion will contain a slew of changes, updates, and features. World of Warcraft: Cataclysm will bring two new playable races; a level cap of 85, new zones and quests, and will modify much of the existing world.

Read the whole story

2. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,392   +16

Very cool, I personally was wrong and didn't think they'd actually go for a goblin/worgen as new races or have so many interesting changes to announce @ Blizzcon (Tauren Pallies 0.o ). I might have to reactivate my account come expansion time and play again to experience everything. Wonder when they plan to release this, especially since I want to play the new SW MMO too. So many awesome titles on the horizon :D .

3. Wow, enjoy those new level caps!

4. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TS Maniac Posts: 904   +54

I'd be guessing about a year at the earliest given Blizzards track record with wow expansions.

5. yukka

yukka TechSpot Paladin Posts: 730   +30

as a player of the original lands and owner of a lvl 70 who was diillusioned by the raids in the first expansion (and the amount of my life i was commiting to it) I am excited to see them finally open up uldam. There were so many hints about it in the game and I think I would lvl up just to finally see it. I am more interested in seeing inside than I am seeing the lich king :)

6. tengeta

tengeta TS Enthusiast Posts: 632

So glad I quit before the first expansion.

7. Ahh, but the real question is, will the new expansion make the game even EASIER! I got so sick of the rapidly decreasing difficulty that I quit in December 08, and unless some serious revamping takes place so that clearing raid bosses actually means something again, I'm not interested. These days you have but to mash your face into the keyboard to land tier pieces. It's pathetic.

8. I have to admit the trailer looks awesome, and hopefully Blizzard won't disappoint like they did with the Wrath of the Lich King expansion. I am hooked on this game, everyday I find myself playing away. Very addicting game to pay $15.00 per month for.

9. TorturedChaos

TorturedChaos TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 849   +11

Yah I really want to see Uldam too. Glad to see they are adding. Along with Flying mounts in Azeroth, or so the trailer claims.

10. how do i start the new patch for WoW??

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.