Blue screen - driver overrun stack buffer - ntoskrnl.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.
On viewing the minidump file it is seen that
1. Bug check string: Driver overran stack buffer
2. Bug check code: 0x000000f7
3. Caused by driver: Zvonline.sys
4.drivers in stack: Ntoskrnl.exe & zvonline.sys(this is my antivirus file net protector)

I have attached minidump file
kindly help

Attachments

• Mini040110-02.dmp
    80 KB · Views: 12
Bug Check 0xF7: DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER

This indicates that a driver has overrun a stack-based buffer.
Parameter. A driver overran a stack-based buffer (or local variable) in a way that would have overwritten the function's return address and jumped back to an arbitrary address when the function returned. Basically the driver overran its local variable.

This is the classic "buffer overrun" hacking attack. The system has been brought down to prevent a malicious user from gaining complete control of it.

Generally this is a bad driver causing this type of error. Check to see in what programs you are getting this error. Also take a look in your event viewer for any problems. You just need to trace this down to what software is causing the problem.

As per your minidump plus what you already listed as "Caused by" is the driver Zvonline.sys. Either a) Update your antivirus or b) uninstall and reinstall said antivirus.

By the way, what antivirus are you running?

i have done the uninstall and install of antivirus but it does not work

I dont no what is ntoskrnl.exe it is also associated with this crash along with zvonline.exe

kindly help

ntoskrnl.exe is a core Windows Operating System driver. In the case of OS drivers they are usuaslly too general to be of much help and they function more as stating there is a problem rather than being the problem themselves. Don't concern yourself with ntoskrnl.exe because that is not your issue.

Your isssue is the driver Zvonline.sys and the software it belongs to. Did you attempt to follow the advice given to you in my previous post? What antivirus are you running?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back