Blue Screen Memory Dump Repeating

By saerbo
Nov 3, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Everytime I type my password in to start windows, The blue screen Crash memory dump appears, the computer restarts and then does it again. I can only run in safe mode. I do not have any clue what to do. I am running windows 7. On a dell Inspiron. I have AVG (free edition) and Avast (free edition) I'm sure I need better virus protection....I need help fixing this ASAP!
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,451   +135

Is this a laptop or desktop computer?
  3. saerbo

saerbo Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

it is a laptop. Its 4 years old and this is my first big issue! It is a 2009 Dell Inspiron, Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4400 @ 2.2GHz 64-bit operating system.

Sometimes .... like today, it will run normal for a few hours before the blue screen pops up.
  4. Tmagic650

Go to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. Select all the .dmp files. Right-click sending the files to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload the folder as a file here
  5. saerbo

For some reason, there is a lock(?) on the file and its not letting me turn it into a zip file. I'm going to keep trying.
  6. saerbo

OK I think I've got it.

Attached Files:

7. Tmagic650

8. saerbo

OK. It will not let me choose a date passed oct. 31st. I was having problems before then. Is there a way that I can get more times to choose from?
  9. Tmagic650

No, only the dates seen are available restore dates
  10. saerbo

I have restored my laptop, and still, a blue screen after about 2 minutes of running. I can only run it for long periods of time when it is on safe mode. :(
  11. Tmagic650

You may have to re-install Windows fresh. Post any new minidumps...

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.