Blue Screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been getting this blue screen more and more frequently, three times in the last 4 hours. This has been going on for about a month now. Here is what it says: A problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer. If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps; Check to see if you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop message. Disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Check with hardware vender for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer. And then it says something about technical support numbers. Then on the bottom of the screen it says, "Beginning dump of physical memory. Physical memory dump complete."

Can someone please help me. I have been told that I might need more memory but I have a little bit less then half left. I do not really know much about computers. This blue screen is poping up when I am typing in a word document. Nothing else is open. I hope this information will help. Let me know if I should post more information to better diagnose. I have searched within this web-site for simular problems, I found some but they were different and only seemed to occur when the person was play games. I am not a gamer. I just want to do my homework without having to save every second incase this blue screen pops up again.

Thanks,

Andrea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back