Bluescreen after Windows XP repair

By xcap1382
Apr 30, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Ok, so i don't really know why i did it exactly. i had a virus, cleaned it out. but everything seemed to run sluggish. i ended up trying to repair windows through the winnt file, i found my product ID and stuff 1st. it repaired and when windows starts up it says i need to activate windows. i click yes and it goes to a blue screen. i hear the start up noise but nothing comes up. safe mode loads up with the start menu and everything else. i dont know what to do from there
  2. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +35

xcap1382> Please note- since you have mentioned doing a repair and are now seeking help for the BSOD, I have closed your thread in the Virus & Malware forum: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic164391.html

If you find you need malware help, since you did not run the preliminary scans, please start a new thread in the V&M forum, describing the problem, then stick to one forum to help resolve it.
  3. xcap1382

xcap1382 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

yeah its a whole different problem, i just wanted a fresh install of xp. the one on the C: drive still blue screens. the xp on the D: drive works, but i cant get online to get drivers and i dont know what to do with them anyway, any help would be great.
    what i want is to format the whole laptop (eee pc 1000h) and start fresh. can i even do that at this point?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.