Resolved Redirect and programs not starting

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i got a virus of some kind, it was called Windows restore, it made all my files hidden and a few other problems. using this site i think i got rid of it, but my browsers ( IE and firefox) redirect me when i search. i can backspace a bunch to get around it. i downloaded something called TDSSkiller, it wont run though, i renamed it with a .com and it still wont open. avast, malwarebytes and spy doctor come up clean. i don't know what to do now.
my computer also seems to run a lot slower then before.
and system restore wont work either. any help would be great

Also a box keeps popping up saying "Internet explorer script error" never did it before this happened

should note that most my games or other programs wont run as well.

Welcome to TechSpot! I'll be glad to help with the malware issue. But I can't so anything until I 'see' what's in the system. The malware you have sounds like one of the rogue programs that alert you to 'errors' and 'problems' that don't really exist- telling to to click on their site to 'fix' them.

Please follow the steps in the Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal thread HERE.

When you have finished, leave the logs for review in your next reply .
NOTE: Logs must be pasted in the replies. Attached logs will not be reviewed.

Please do not use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you, unless I direct you to. Do not use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.

Please note: IF you have any of these programs already on the system, please uninstall them and use the links we provide. They are for the most current versions and are on safe sites.

Please uninstall TDSSKiller.

Thank you mailpup. Will close this thread and notified member to start new thread here when finished if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back