Boot up problems

cant boot pc up

• BIOS Problems

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Possible BIOS Corruption

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hello guys I am writing here for the first time...hoping that someone can help me lol I am running an i5-2500k on a Asus Maximus V Gene board. With 16GB of corsair ram , corsair 650 PSU , nvidia gtx570 with two 2TB HDD running windows 7 Home edition 64bit . This system was home built originally by a friend last Feb who works in IT with no probs since. So recently I transferred my components into a new case as mine was a cheap budget case. with no problems from then on .
And after deciding to tidy all my cables etc and then booting up for the 1st time I am having problems.

It first said through an american mega trends message that my EC flash may be corrupted and will shut down in 15 secs. So I reset using the CMOS button this then said press f1 to recover bios settings. which I did then I reset the Bios to Optimized factory defaults. but after saving and restart the pc boots up for 5secs then shuts down. I have repeated this process and checked all my cables, the pc detects my hard drives too. Hope this is enough to go on. P.S ....Try not to mock my noobness too much :p
Regrds Adam

Your bios is probably set wrong as far as the boot options are concerned... Try failsafe defaults and make sure that your C drive is set as the first boot device

Do you have this option in the bios? You haven't mentioned if the C drive is detected and first, in the bios boot options

I dont have this option only defaults. It has detected my C drive as well and I think its set to boot first il have check. Thanks man :)

Heya the problem is down to a faulty PSU after changing the C drive to boot 1st etc it still didnt work but my mate swapped in his 800 watt PSU and it booted in secs. Where as before it was taking 4-5mins to reach the desktop. We double checked so it should be ok for now :) Thanks again for the advice man all the best.

Back