TechSpot

Boxee Box release date delayed until November

By Matthew
Jun 11, 2010
  1. Despite previous intentions, the set-top device being developed by Boxee and D-Link has been postponed until the fourth quarter of this year. The Boxee Box was originally slated to ship by the end of the second quarter – or around now – but it seems that timeframe was "overly ambitious." The companies now plan to launch the media-streamer sometime during November, but an exact date hasn't been disclosed.

Read the whole story

2. thatguyandrew92

thatguyandrew92 TS Rookie Posts: 118

No wonder it got delayed, part of it melted!! lol

3. bugejakurt

bugejakurt TS Booster Posts: 135

@thatguyandrew92 Nice One! :)

4. I love the software but the name omg! Where i come from (Barbados) Boxee although it would be spelled "boxy" means a** so evertime i mention the software people burst off laughing, whether they know what i mean or not.

5. gobbybobby

gobbybobby TS Maniac Posts: 546

name not that funny... shame its delayed. I love how it has a built in Torrent client. Genius!

6. tonylukac

tonylukac TS Maniac Posts: 913   +22

If the actual Boxee client gave us free MLB I'd use it.

7. It is ridiculous to call these things "set-top" boxes. Who the hell still has a TV you can put stuff on top of. I know mine is only a couple of inches thick.

8. "Who the hell still has a TV you can put stuff on top of"

That right there has to be the most ignorant sentence I've read this year.

9. Vrmithrax

Vrmithrax TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,286   +232

Interesting possibilities, but considering all of the weird flaky issues Boxee has had with Netflix (off and on) and Hulu, I'm a little dubious about it.

And that remote really needs to be a slider (like the new TiVo one)m cause I can't imagine how many accidental keypresses will happen with a setup like that. Great in theory, looks nice, but not really designed for practicality.

10. ruzveh

ruzveh Banned Posts: 124

Thankyou because u(BB boxe Box) tested our lots of our patience. You may keep that box to yourself and we dont want it anymore. You are delayed near a year and by the time you come into the market you will b outdated by brands like Asus, Xtreamer and other cos who are much faster in adopting new technologies and keeping us happy. Infact who will go in for your box when under $200 we get all the features that you offer and much more than that incl the blur-ay drive/ player like Sony, toshiba and others.

I request not to intro this player in the market and spoil ur own name

11. This device is a non-starter for me without component ouputs. I'm not disposing of a $2,000+ TV so I can use a $200 media streamer.

12. No component connection, no deal?
    Earth to guy with neolithic period tv.....

thats not a $2000 tv...( it doesnt have HDMI?)
    Dude, sorry, that's a $150 tv...if if if if you're reeeeeally luck one day on craigslist with some big guy with a really biiiig truck with a really big friend who'll come and haul that 150 lb, 10yr old+ jumbo-tron outa your joint.

go ahead, now tell me it 4:3 aspect ratio...
    lol
    ron

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.