Breathometer is the world's first smartphone breathalyzer

By Shawn Knight
Mar 14, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Meet the Breathometer – a keychain-sized portable breathalyzer designed to work in conjunction with your smartphone to determine if you are fit to get behind the wheel after a few (or several) adult beverages. The $20 gadget has already raised...

Read more
  2. yRaz

yRaz TechSpot Booster Posts: 888   +89

I can see it now, "I've got one right here officer"
  3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,972   +729

If I spent 50 bucks on a product like this I wouldn't have enough money left to get intoxicated, if fact I'd have to be intoxicated to consider buying something like this.
  4. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,050   +699

Well... I hope they sell a lot... here in Wisconsin they treat drunk drivers sorta like speeders. Slap on the wrist with a ticket. Then when they're caught going the wrong way down the freeway (which happens like almost once a month) we hear about how it's their 7th or 8th offense.
  5. Timonius

Timonius TechSpot Booster Posts: 578   +32

Enter 'controversial' (?) laws requiring 'anti-drunk' devices being installed in motor vehicles to prevent them from starting if the driver is drunk.
  6. So when will this be modified to prevent drunk-dialing?
  7. yRaz

yRaz TechSpot Booster Posts: 888   +89

I think the drunk texting is more important, not many people answer the phone at 3am
  8. Darkshadoe

Darkshadoe TechSpot Maniac Posts: 529   +97

I see a drinking game using this product in the future.
  9. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,972   +729

Yeah here in South Africa you slip the cops 10 bucks & they generally let you go. It's sad really.
  10. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,824   +1,435

Hahaha

$10 ante-up to start the game. $100 for the one that gains the highest breathometer score. Just remember to spend your winnings on a cab ride home. lol
    HiDDeNMisT and Darkshadoe like this.
  11. HiDDeNMisT

HiDDeNMisT TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 202   +11

Lets play. I'm totally down.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.