TechSpot

Breathometer is the world's first smartphone breathalyzer

By Shawn Knight
Mar 14, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Meet the Breathometer – a keychain-sized portable breathalyzer designed to work in conjunction with your smartphone to determine if you are fit to get behind the wheel after a few (or several) adult beverages. The $20 gadget has already raised...

Read more

2. yRaz

yRaz TS Evangelist Posts: 1,770   +815

I can see it now, "I've got one right here officer"

3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,235   +1,882

If I spent 50 bucks on a product like this I wouldn't have enough money left to get intoxicated, if fact I'd have to be intoxicated to consider buying something like this.

4. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,713   +1,083

Well... I hope they sell a lot... here in Wisconsin they treat drunk drivers sorta like speeders. Slap on the wrist with a ticket. Then when they're caught going the wrong way down the freeway (which happens like almost once a month) we hear about how it's their 7th or 8th offense.

5. Timonius

Timonius TS Evangelist Posts: 638   +56

Enter 'controversial' (?) laws requiring 'anti-drunk' devices being installed in motor vehicles to prevent them from starting if the driver is drunk.

6. So when will this be modified to prevent drunk-dialing?

7. yRaz

yRaz TS Evangelist Posts: 1,770   +815

I think the drunk texting is more important, not many people answer the phone at 3am

8. Darkshadoe

Darkshadoe TS Guru Posts: 571   +112

I see a drinking game using this product in the future.

9. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,235   +1,882

Yeah here in South Africa you slip the cops 10 bucks & they generally let you go. It's sad really.

10. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,430   +2,822

Hahaha

$10 ante-up to start the game. $100 for the one that gains the highest breathometer score. Just remember to spend your winnings on a cab ride home. lol

HiDDeNMisT and Darkshadoe like this.
  11. HiDDeNMisT

HiDDeNMisT TS Booster Posts: 220   +14

Lets play. I'm totally down.