BSOD 0x0000007e, 0x0000050, 0x0000001E

how2win

Hello,
In the past few weeks I have began to encounter the blue screen error codes listed above. At first I ignored it, however, I can not just ignore it any longer. I have tried running a chkdsk /r, memory tests, downloading a windows hotfix, deleting newly installed programs, even re-installing windows.

I built my own desktop in January, and it was working fine up until March, then I started having these issues. My computer specs are:

Motherboard: Intel DZ75ML-45K
Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 650 ti
Processor: Intel i5-3470 @ 3.20Ghz
RAM: G Skill Trident X Series 16gb (2x8gb) 240pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Green 1.5Tb
Power Supply: Corsair CX430
Operating System: Windows 7 ultimate

Any guidance would be much appreciated!

Lets see if any minidumps were produced. Go to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. Select all the .dmp files and right-click sending the files to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload that folder as a file here... You have a Z75 chipset. For better stability, get into the bios and go to Advanced Frequency Settings, Advanced CPU Core Features and disable C3/C6 State Support and CPU Thermal monitor. You don't say when the BSOD's are most likely to happen

The BSOD's are happening upon boot of the computer. As soon as I enter the "windows is loading" screen it blue screens. I tried typing, and manually searching for the minidump folder. However, I did not find one. Is that a bad thing? I'll try the bios suggestions... will that solve the problem though? Or just make my system more stable?

I was unable to find in the bios settings where to change such things. I did search for C3/C6 and the item it brought up was already unchecked. The other things, however, I was unable to locate.

Okay, I have an Intel Z77 chipset and an i5 3450 CPU so it may be different as you have said... This has to be a hard drive issue and I have a poor opinion of WD blue or green hard drives. The black series seems a bit better

I see. I'll keep that in mind for the future. However, as I said before, I ran a chkdsk /r and it didn't turn up anything wrong. Any other suggestions?

I ran the program while I was sleeping, and when I got up nothing was shown to be wrong and the program was closed, so I'm assuming that is good. Anything else?

I just rebuilt the whole computer, and thus far it is doing alright. Keep your fingers crossed. Plus, I do not have another power supply...

Well, rebuilding it didn't do anything... I still got a blue screen. It told me to change bios settings to not allow the memory to cache or shadow. I've looked around online to find out how to do this, but since everyone's Bios are different I have been unsuccessful.

Ignore that message. It is not the problem. Try to get into the bios and set it to failsafe defaults

I got another BSOD, one that I haven't seen before. The new one is 0x000000D1. Also, I have a minidump file now.. so I'll upload that.

Well, I can't even open the file... it says I do not have permission and should contact the owner, but I am system admin and the only account on the computer

Should I try pulling out my video card? My cpu has integrated graphics. Maybe it is the video card's problem? Should I try the same with the RAM? I have 2 sticks of 8gb, so I could pull out one at a time.

About uploading minidump, do what Tmagic650 said above

"Go to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. Select all the .dmp files and right-click sending the files to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload that folder as a file here"

Back