BSOD 0x0000007e, 0x0000050, 0x0000001E

By how2win
Apr 18, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hello,
    In the past few weeks I have began to encounter the blue screen error codes listed above. At first I ignored it, however, I can not just ignore it any longer. I have tried running a chkdsk /r, memory tests, downloading a windows hotfix, deleting newly installed programs, even re-installing windows.

I built my own desktop in January, and it was working fine up until March, then I started having these issues. My computer specs are:

Motherboard: Intel DZ75ML-45K
    Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 650 ti
    Processor: Intel i5-3470 @ 3.20Ghz
    RAM: G Skill Trident X Series 16gb (2x8gb) 240pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400
    Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Green 1.5Tb
    Power Supply: Corsair CX430
    Operating System: Windows 7 ultimate

Any guidance would be much appreciated!
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,682   +153

Lets see if any minidumps were produced. Go to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. Select all the .dmp files and right-click sending the files to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload that folder as a file here... You have a Z75 chipset. For better stability, get into the bios and go to Advanced Frequency Settings, Advanced CPU Core Features and disable C3/C6 State Support and CPU Thermal monitor. You don't say when the BSOD's are most likely to happen
  3. how2win

how2win Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

The BSOD's are happening upon boot of the computer. As soon as I enter the "windows is loading" screen it blue screens. I tried typing, and manually searching for the minidump folder. However, I did not find one. Is that a bad thing? I'll try the bios suggestions... will that solve the problem though? Or just make my system more stable?
  4. how2win

I was unable to find in the bios settings where to change such things. I did search for C3/C6 and the item it brought up was already unchecked. The other things, however, I was unable to locate.
  5. Tmagic650

Okay, I have an Intel Z77 chipset and an i5 3450 CPU so it may be different as you have said... This has to be a hard drive issue and I have a poor opinion of WD blue or green hard drives. The black series seems a bit better
  6. how2win

I see. I'll keep that in mind for the future. However, as I said before, I ran a chkdsk /r and it didn't turn up anything wrong. Any other suggestions?
  7. Tmagic650

8. how2win

I ran the program while I was sleeping, and when I got up nothing was shown to be wrong and the program was closed, so I'm assuming that is good. Anything else?
  9. how2win

So now it is freezing about 10 minutes after boot up. I really have no idea what's going on.
  10. Tmagic650

Try another power suppy
  11. how2win

I just rebuilt the whole computer, and thus far it is doing alright. Keep your fingers crossed. Plus, I do not have another power supply...

12. Tmagic650

Okay, keep us posted:)
  13. how2win

Well, rebuilding it didn't do anything... I still got a blue screen. It told me to change bios settings to not allow the memory to cache or shadow. I've looked around online to find out how to do this, but since everyone's Bios are different I have been unsuccessful.
  14. Tmagic650

Ignore that message. It is not the problem. Try to get into the bios and set it to failsafe defaults
  15. how2win

I have loaded the Bios defaults. Now?
  16. Tmagic650

Wait and see what happens...
  17. how2win

I got another BSOD, one that I haven't seen before. The new one is 0x000000D1. Also, I have a minidump file now.. so I'll upload that.
  18. how2win

Well, I can't even open the file... it says I do not have permission and should contact the owner, but I am system admin and the only account on the computer

19. how2win

Should I try pulling out my video card? My cpu has integrated graphics. Maybe it is the video card's problem? Should I try the same with the RAM? I have 2 sticks of 8gb, so I could pull out one at a time.
  20. Gunner87

Gunner87 TechSpot Member Posts: 29

About uploading minidump, do what Tmagic650 said above

"Go to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. Select all the .dmp files and right-click sending the files to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload that folder as a file here"

21. how2win

When I attempt to send it to a zipped folder it says "File not found or no read permission."

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.