BSOD 0x0000008E type - no error message

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had this BSOD

0x0000008E ( 0x80000003 0x8052B5E0 0XB11A5ADC 0x00000000 )

I join the minidump and the error log I obtained with the MS debugging utility.

Thank you for any hint.

mobo: Asus P5Q PRO
2x2Gb RAM DDR2
Chip Intel Core2 Duo E7500@2.93GHz
VGA: Captiva 9500GT (Nvidia)
1xSATA boot HDD
2xSATA RAID 1 HDD
1 IDE DVD-RW
Power Unit 750W (2x +12V @ 25A)

0x8E errors are almost always caused by hardware and are especially strong indicators of corrupted. However, these errors can sometimes be caused by drivers.

The driver cited as probable cause for your crahese is sandbox.sys which belongs to your Outpost Firewall Pro.

I am checking now if I can update Outpost Firewall, mine was an old version (4).
I had another couple of BSOD of the same type, still sandbox.sys seemed to have caused them.

It is unusual for Firewalls to cause BSOD unless something else is going on (like bad hardware / memory, or possibly malware).

I would strongly suggest that you start with Memtest.
Please follow this guide... https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

Please note that (unless you start getting errors reported) you will need to let this run a long time.
A good way of doing this is to let it run over night. In each 'pass" there are a series of eight memory tests that are run, each more complicated than the previous. You need to let it run a minimum of 7 passes, unless you start getting errors. If you have errors reported, you may want to re-run the test with only one stick of ram installed, checked each stick until you isolate those that are faulty. That way you can limit your replacement to those that actually need it.

Let us know the results. If your memory comes up without errors, then we can check other things.
HTH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back