BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini081009-01.dmp
C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-35459-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\WER2B82.tmp.version.txt

Ive done the Memory check on vista and no problems were found.

I have just bought a new graphics card and RAM and installed them but i got my first BSOD before i did this. However i know my graphics card needs around 550W and i have 500 so not sure if this has anything to do with it.

It happens when im playing graphic intensive games mostly but sometimes it just shutsdown completley without any warning (however i belive this is the powersupply and i have just bought a 650W which should arrive in the next few days)

I think it may be a driver issue after uninstalling the last Nvida drivers before my new graphics card but im not sure.

I have attached two dmp files. the second one (dated 10/08/09) is the latest and the first is the BSOD i got before i upgraded my cards.

any help is appreciated and thanks in advance!

Both errors are 0x8E and these are almost always caused by hardware and are especially a strong indicator of corrupted memory. The first dump that came prior to your graphics card uupgrade only cited a Windows OS driver and they are too general to be of much help.

The second error specifically cited corrupted memory as your cause. Have you even ran Memtest on your RAM?

Also, underpowered systems are a real headache waiting to happen. I would wait and see the results with your new power supply first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back