TechSpot

BSoD and can't do anything about it, or I can't as far as I know

By Mazalos
Nov 22, 2008
  1. Hey everyone, I'm new to the forums here and I was wondering if you guys can help me.

On my laptop, everytime I turn it on, it goes to the Windows XP loading thing [the blue slider that's continuously looping] and then it gives me a BSoD. I have a chance to choose if I want to go to safe mode or not, but that just gives the same BSoD.

The laptop is running WinXP Professional SP2.

The BSoD says to run a Chkdisk /F or to remove any anti-virus programs, but I can't do any of that since I can't even get to my user-select screen.

STOP - 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x86FA7EF0, 0xC0000102, 0x00000000)

That is what I see, with some variations with the third set of numbers [0x86...] depending on which option I take [ie. safe mode vs normal mode].

And I'm definitely not computer savvy, so when giving advice, please please elaborate xD Thanks!

- Mazalos

2. Mazalos

Mazalos TS Rookie Topic Starter

And now it's fixed ><"

So guys, for anyone that's reading this, the problem is resolved.

The following site helped me resolve the problem, and I thank every star out there that it exists:

http: // webcast [dot] broadcastnewsroom [dot] com/articles/viewarticle [dot] jsp?id=8658-0

Remove the unnecessary spaces in the URL xD My post-count isn't high enough to post links/images yet, apparently.

3. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +36

Thanks for letting us know.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.