BSOD and quick restart

Status
Not open for further replies.

zdc197911407

My new Hp 2710p with xp tablet edition intermittently incur the BSOD and restart very quick. I try to disable the aotumatically restart option in the startup and recovery setting, but it dose not stop the quick restart.
I have sophos anti-virus and kerio-firewall software install.
Does anyone have any idea regarding this issue and how can I get the BSOD error information?
Thanks.

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

Are there files within the Minidump Folder?

Have you tried checking the system event log to see what, if any software issues there are?
You can check it in control panel - Administrative tools - event viewer.

This problem of quick restarts and Blue Screens can be caused by corrupted memory.

Run Memtest on your RAM. Do not run it for less than 7 Passes. Start it before going to bed and check it the next morning. If you have any errors you have corrupted memory that needs to be replaced.

The good thing about this test is that it almost immediately takes over long before you would normally begin to load the Windows screen.

See this link and follow instructions: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

This problem of quick restarts and Blue Screens can be caused by corrupted memory.

Run Memtest on your RAM. Do not run it for less than 7 Passes. Start it before going to bed and check it the next morning. If you have any errors you have corrupted memory that needs to be replaced.

The good thing about this test is that it almost immediately takes over long before you would normally begin to load the Windows screen.

I will try it later today. But the notebook does not have optical and floppy disk. So I have to try the usb version.
The BIOS of the notebook has some so-called memort tests and hard drive tests. I have tried them before and got passed results. I also tried the HP online diagnoise hardware tests and the results are normal. I do not know if the memory test you mentioned will check different stuff than the tests I have done, but I will try it.

I try the test last night. It passed 12 tests without any error. It seems not the memory problem.

Good. Try the following two diagnostic steps. You should be able to do both in Safe Mode.

1. Go to your harddrive manufacturer's website and use their free utility that diagnoses harddrives. Run all the tests.

2. Run a virus scan. In addition, I also suggest running Eset's NOD32 free online scanner. You'll need to install an Active X but this is safe to do with this software.

Good. Try the following two diagnostic steps. You should be able to do both in Safe Mode.

1. Go to your harddrive manufacturer's website and use their free utility that diagnoses harddrives. Run all the tests.

2. Run a virus scan. In addition, I also suggest running Eset's NOD32 free online scanner. You'll need to install an Active X but this is safe to do with this software.

hard drive test and virus loan return normal results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back