BSOD at startup and random restarts

Beer40oz

I am about to buy a new mobo. It is what I think it is because yes one of my ram sticks was bad had it replaced and it is still doing it.

The mobo is: BIOSTAR TA790GXB3 AM3
G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3
AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.2GHz
Galaxy 43GGS8HX3SPZ GeForce GT 430
Antec NEO ECO 520C 520W

Almost every time I start up my system the BSOD is there. I noticed when starting up my system if I turn it on and quickly shut it off with the button and turn it on again I don't get the BSOD.

When surfing the net not all the time but once in a while it just reboots by itself.

Please help I may be wrong and its not the mobo.

So mostly the BSOD at are startup.... once in a while while doing something.

Oh and I do get once in a while pop ups that the MEMORY could not be read and some code.

Thank you.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: f4
BCP1: 0000000000000003
BCP2: FFFFFA8003B60730
BCP3: FFFFFA8003B60A10
BCP4: FFFFF8000318A240
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\072911-21574-01.dmp
C:\Users\OMAR\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-35225-0.sysdata.xml

Attachments

• New Dump.zip
    23.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Old Dump.zip
    23.4 KB · Views: 2
Your issue is with memory corruption. Therefore you’ll need to run Memtest on your RAM.

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download the latest ISO version which is 4.20. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn ISO to a CD.

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. (You might have to place your drive as first bootable in your BIOS) The test will take over.

There is a Tutorial: How to use Memtest in our Guides and Tutorials forum; follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes (not hours; this test is not measured by hours); the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

* Get back to us with the results.

Route44 thank you for the reply.
I have no CD Drive :(

But my mother board does come with Memtest86 built in and thats how I have checked my memory but its Version 2.x

I have only gave it one pass and they check ok. But that is how I found out that one was bad and had it replaced.

Should I use that version? and let it do many passes? or is there a way I can run the new V4.20 out of a USB drive?

Thank you sir!

EDIT: I found an old CD drive..... going to do the test I'll get back when 7 or more passes complete.

Thank you.

Memory No Errors

Ok 4 hours after 8 passes and not a single error. This is killing me. Another thing that happens sometimes when on youtube or just doing anything or not even doing nothing the screen will go blank and a big buzz......

Could it be my graphics card? I ran that Fur test on the card and no errors it gets to 60c....

Should I try to remove that graphics card and install another (I do have another)...

Please help. Or just buy new memory? or a new mobo?

Thank you for the help its really appreciated.

Hmmmm, okay, go ahead and switch out graphics card and let us know if stability is gained. The error code that cited corrupted memory also can be caused by video card memory so give it a shot.

Also, check to see if the system is free of dust and that all fans are running in your system especially your video card's fan.

For kicks and giggles I let Memtest run over night and this morning after 15 passes there was no errors.

I did switch out my Graphics Card and have not had a problem but time will tell since my problems are random almost ever other day.

So I will get back to you. Hopefully the other graphics card is the culprit. It sucks since its only about 6 months old.

Hey, excellent work on your part and yes please keep us updated. Is the card still under warranty? By the way here is the error code I was talking about:

0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

BSOD again!

Well again this morning after a cold boot after the windows logo came on I had that BSOD it went crazy writing stuff.

The funny thing no minidump file was created.....

:( going to trow this machine away.....

Can you tell us the error code?

Also, find the voltage specs of your RAM and compare it to the voltage setting in your BIOS. Do they match?

Route44 I really appreciate that you are helping me on this.

It says that the voltage is 1.568 and my RAM on the website says 1.5V.
The code for the BSOD I don't know since it went too fast. Next time I will read it fast :)

I been booting the system about 3 times now and it has not done it again.

So what you thinking it is?

Thank you.

Believe it or not incremental changes in RAM voltage can make a difference. If you can, set that voltage in the BIOS to the manufacture's specs of 1.5.

Let us know how it is running.

Well it will only let me go 1.6 or higher... and that is only in the overclock menu.
I guess I am screwed with this Mobo.

Now on the other hand it has not crashed on me while working since replacing the graphics card.

Hopefully we get down to it....

Interesting. From what you are reporting it does appear it was the video RAM as the issue. Please keep us updated and let us know in the near future how the system is running.

I have to let you know that I am am now using a different hard drive.... re-installed everything to fresh.

I did this correct right....

"A Blue Screen of Death indicates a serious hardware or software problem. Go to System Properties -> Advanced-> Startup and Recovory Setting.

Uncheck Auto restart, and select Small memory dump 256kb and apply the settings. "

I went and did that to the settings next time I get that BSOD so you can take a look.
I guess tomorrow morning will see if I get that BSOD again.... but what is weird it does it when its cold.

I'll keep you posted. Wish you where close and I would take my comp to you. :)

Cheers!

Good! Hope it is working now and look forward to your update. And you are right, if we could actually get our hands on systems it would easier because trying to resolve issues online sometimes takes a lot of time but worth it.

So here we go!

Everytime in the morning....

STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error) BSOD

Restart did not do the fix window option just start normal.

Oh yah no Minidump file I can give you.

Ok so now I am confused. :) I just switched off the system for 10 min and came back on no BSOD.... only in the mornings on the first try then its smooth. I know it could be many things but my old dell works better than this system. I really don't know where to go from here. If I should get a new mobo.... or go back to the other hard drive....

Oh and I went into the events view log.... this is what it says:

Session "Microsoft-Windows-Setup" stopped due to the following error: 0xC000000D

Some people tell me is my Biostar board.....just to change it out.... that is not compatible with some hardware.... any recommendations? AM3 DDR3? Micro would be nice... what u think?

The mobo is: BIOSTAR TA790GXB3 AM3
G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3
AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.2GHz
Galaxy 43GGS8HX3SPZ GeForce GT 430
Antec NEO ECO 520C 520W

Is your memory 1333 or 1600?

Also, the onboard video is disabled in the BIOS, correct?

The memory is 1066. Onbard video is disabled and today this morning after the windows logo it was just black with the cursor on there that I can move..... rebooted told it to start normal and it works just fine.

The more I think about it the more I believe the issue is with your RAM and this motherboard. I recalled last night that this isn't the first time I have worked with a Biostar board and RAM issues.

For some reason Biostar has a number of boards that demand higher voltage RAM in order to work. I am thinking this may be the cause here.

Back