BSOD back again

Status
Not open for further replies.

badwithpc

Hi i received really great help last time i visited...

Anywho long story short told i had corrupted ram so i went out and bought a new ram stick that was compatible with my mother board 2gig kingston ddr2 1.8volt 667

it was working fine for about 2weeks then i got BSOD yesterday none stop :|
and now im just confused due to having the same error code or just really unlucky buying a crapped out mem stick

edited for system specs
Win XP home
service pack 3
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU
E7300 @ 2.66 GHz
2.67GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM
nVida Geforce 9600GT

Looking at your minidumps one in particular said memory corruption and two were 0x8E that simply said hardware was the issue. Looking further one cited the process wmiprvse.exe file which belongs to your OS and is located in the folder C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem. In other cases, wmiprvse.exe is a virus, spyware, trojan or worm that embeds inself on PCs..

Check that folder and see if it is there (do not delete!) and secondly do an indepth scanning of viruses. In addition to your security software go online and use Eset's NOD32 free online scan. You'll need to install an Active X but this is very safe.

Get back to us with the results and we'll take it from there.

thanks

doing scan now and I have a file with the same name except doesnt have .exe at the end but the icon of the file looks like an exe file soo yeah get back to ya with scan results asap

*edit*
no threats were found with avg , and the scanner you provided above

Okay, then another thing we want to look at is both minidumps also cited EXCEPTION_GP_FAULT. If you google this you'll see quite a bit on this issue.

Here is one thread that I think will be helpful to lend understanding: http://www.flightsimworld.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=112232 ;Read it through.

Since memory corruption has come up again it could be your current BIOS. Perhaps a BIOS update/chipset update might be in order. If you have never done this before I would ask someone who has the tech knowledge to do so.

:\

hrmm i tried looking for chipset updates couple weeks ago when i first started to get the BSOD but had no luck finding any

hrmm i tried looking for chipset updates couple weeks ago when i first started to get the BSOD but had no luck finding any

Did you try your motherboard's website? If not, find your model motherboard and see if they have updates. Check to see if they have newer realeases of your BIOS as well.

firefox crashed was by an illegal ip misalign.
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc000001d - {EXCEPTION} Illegal Instruction An attempt was made to execute an illegal instruction.

FAULTING_IP:

dump12- (firefox )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back