majik

System specs:(homebuilt)
Win 7 home premium
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz
8gig 1066 ddr2 ram ( voltage @auto )
Ati radeon HD 5870 1g ram ddr5
MoBo: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.EP45-UD3P
750w psu

Ikeep getting multiple bsod's randomly throughout the use of the PC, no common crash point. Normally happens when playing wow, but also occurs when sitting idle/booting up.
I've taken it to bestbuy(what a joke) for them to tell me I had a corrupted mem stick and that it ran up fine afterwards, yet I get home and within 30seconds bam bsod.

So I'm at a loss here, tried memtest shows no errors, replaced my video card same errors, reinstalled win 7 and downloaded brand new drivers. Seems I'm not supposed to have a working PC anymore.

Ill post all my bsod errors when I get home. Any help would've greatly appreciated so I dont let $1500 rot for nothing. Ty

Heres my minidumps

Attachments

• minidump.zip
    177.3 KB · Views: 1
  • minidump1.zip
    182.7 KB · Views: 1
  • minidump2.zip
    161.7 KB · Views: 1
  • minidump3.zip
    68.9 KB · Views: 1
I have had time to go through roughly half of your dumps; and I suspect its something related to either hardware; or faulty driver.

1. I need you to run memtest for atleast 8 passes to ensure that there are no faulty RAM Modules (I am assuming there is no mismatched RAM in your system).

2. To determine which driver may be causing the problem I need you to enable/run driver verifier:

Steps:
a) Windows Key + R, or Click on Start, & Run
b) Type in 'verifier' and hit enter
c) Make sure 'Create Standard Setting' is selected and hit next
d) Click on 'Select all drivers installed on this computer' and hit Finish
e) Reboot

There is a possibility that your computer will crash on reboot. If this occurs hit F8 when rebooting just before the windows logo screen and select the safe mode boot option. Follow the same steps above but on step 4 choose 'Select driver names from a list'; hit next; check the box next to any driver where the provider is not Microsoft; hit Finish; reboot.

This will slow the performance of you computer a little while enabled but will hopefully catch the driver causing corruption. Next time you crash the blue screen will hopefully say something like "DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION". When this occurs please repost your minidump.

OK so I ran the memtest but it keeps freezing around 20%. I let it sit there for a good hour but no progress

^ this happens to me sometimes too. it almost feels like a PSU issue where the entire computer becomes unresponsive, right?

i still haven't found a solution..

Does memtest just freezes or is it telling that it has found some errors and then your PC freezes?

Which PSU you have in your system?

Alright, Please take out all memory modules from your system, and then run memtest for (minimum of) 8 passes on each module separately (i.e. one by one); that way you will be able to isolate module(s) which are defective, and either get them changed (i hope they are in warranty) or replace them altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back