Bsod bad pool caller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I'm getting an BSOD with BAD POOL CALLER error on an XP Professional SP 080413-2111.

0xC2 0x07 0xCD4 0x00 0x88b974b4

BSOD happens always when computer starts up. I can't find a recent minidump file, latest is from january. Probably this minidump file was orginated first time BSOD happened.

Can anyone help me?

Your error dump specifically cited memory corruption. Run Memtest on your RAM.

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download the latest ISO version. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn ISO to a CD.

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. (You might have to place your drive as first bootable in your BIOS) The test will take over.

4. Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

5. If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

6. Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

* Also, look at this link from TechSpot: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back