BSOD bad_pool_error on XP SP3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I had a bsod.. I wanted to check the dumpfile by myself so I started google on dumpfile checks and other stuffs to check it.. I found pstat and dumpchk but I can't find any "ExceptionCode" in my dumpfile.
can somebody check what's caused the bsod?

many thanks.

Attachments

• Mini121609-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 5
Your error is 0xC2 and these are typically caused by faulty drivers or buggy software.

The driver cited as the cause of your issue is nltdi.sys which is a Net Limiter driver belonging to the software NetLimiter which is published by Locktime Software.

From research it appears to be designed as an internet traffic control and monitoring tool.

* Update your software.

hi, that's nice. would you be so kind and tell me how did you get that explanation.. :| next time i want to analyze that ****.

is there an other topic where i can get an info from an analyze?

thanks anyway. really helpfull. i have netlimiter. it's a great stuff.. it's never did bsod before. don't know why did it :C

Have you done any updating of software such as Microsoft OS, security, video, NIC drivers, etc. recently? That could be your answer in that the updates and this software aren't getting along per se driver wise. Then again it could be just a one time glitch.

As for minidumps every time Windows Blue Screens (Windows shuts down to protect the system) it writes a minidump file that can only be read by a special tool called a Window Debugger. It contains a lot of information but the two things to look for are the error code and the probable cause citing either a driver or hardware. This is not 100% fullproof because often the probable cause is too general or lacks details.

Check out this link: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35246

i see. well this was the first time. i always install xp security fixes but that's all.
well. if it will happens again i will update netlimiet as you advised. many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back