BSOD BCCode : 1000007e random crashes from what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get this BSOD

BCCode : 1000007e BCP1 : C000001D BCP2 : B941DF72 BCP3 : B404EBE0
BCP4 : B404E8DC OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

I downloaded new drivers, disable specs on the CPU (e8500) as recommended, but 3d game crash out regularly after about 30 mins or so.

Asus p5n-d is a bit of a dodgy MOBO but I tried everything that has been recommended including bios flashes, memory check, cpu heat checks and rectifying the correct nforce 750i drivers...latest windows updates...etc...

What is the crash? hardware or software? I have a Proline 500w psu and also run a single xfx geforce 9800gt, Intel core 2 duo e8500 wolfdale, Kingston ddr2 667 mem, 200 gig sata seagate hardrive and a cathode ray 17" monitor.

any clues ideas, other than a sledge hammer. Your help will be appreciated.

0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues. Check Event Viewer (EventVwr.msc) for additional information.

As you can tell the causes of this error are very diverse which makes it a difficult one, sometimes, to pin down. For clarification, are your BSODs only while doing 3d gaming? What about video card heat checks?

Thanks for the advice, I seem to have plenty of these errors, before a system crash what device is this exactly ?

The device, \Device\Scsi\nvgts1, did not respond within the timeout period.

and the occassional "The driver nv4_disp for the display device \Device\Video0 got stuck in an infinite loop. This usually indicates a problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly. Please check with your hardware device vendor for any driver updates."

Strange because the graphic card works perfectly in another MOBO and all the correct drivers have been loade, but this could also be related to device scsi fault which happens before

Anything that can be done?

thek, believe it or not there is quite a bit on your error \Device\Scsi\nvgts1

In fact, if you just google nvgts1 you'll see what I mean and it runs the gammet from video cards to hard disks. I didn't want to link just one item because there are so many.

Thanks for the help

I have replaced all my sata and IDE chords, swapped my Mem mods around, re-inserted my graphics card carefully ..rechecked my cpu heat sink and basically rebuilt everything again

so far so good! hope it stays like that... it has not crashed in 3 hours so that's a bonus.

But if it does, at least I have done everthing I can do other than throwing more cash into the rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back