BSOD, beeping sound and restarts

1. Hello all, I've got a Gateway ID490C7u (http://www.cnet.com/laptops/gateway-id49c07u/4505-3121_7-34121937.html) and recently it's started to have BSODs at random times. It's blue screened 5 times in the past 10 days, and I'm not sure what's happened. It was working fine before. I'd appreciate any help you could offer.

I tried to attach the minidumps but it seems I can only attach "customised files"... I'm not sure how else to show them to you.
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,451   +135

Go to C:\Windows\minidump and select all files that have the .dmp extension. Right-click and send the files to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload that folder as a file here
  3. sadbluescreener

sadbluescreener TechSpot Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 161

Oh, I thought I did that but made a RAR file instead. Here it is.

Attached Files:

4. Tmagic650

Okay, all thee minidumps point to a network driver issue. Did you recently update any drivers at all? An Atheros network driver stands out. Do you see any yellow exclamation points in the device manager?
  5. sadbluescreener

I'm not seeing any exclamation points at all.
  6. Tmagic650

What about network drivers? Is Windows fully updated running Windows Update manually until no more updates are found including the optional updates. Run it once more after "no more updates are found"
  7. sadbluescreener

Ok, I will get that done and report back to you as soon as possible. Thanks for the help so far.
  8. Tmagic650

Okay, good luck:)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.