BSOD Caused by Realtk driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Medic-5150

Hi,

Sporadically I get BSOD's. At the bottom of the screen it says the RealtekHQ device is the cause. Seemed like an easy fix, I uninstalled the old driver and installed the new one. That didn't fix it. I called intel and they said it could be the audi integration on the graphics card. My graphics card has no audio output, that I know of. They told me to try running the games and such with the onboard graphics, but the onboard graphics will not run HL2, Assassins Creed, Counterstrike, and so on. I've only gotten the BSODs while listening to music, and playing a game. Does anyone have any ideas on how to recreate the situation, or know of any programs like Prime95 for the audio system? lol Intel suggested the MB might be bad....Any suggestions on what to replace it with as this is the 3rd bad board I've gotten?

Thanks for any help

System Specs:
20" samsung LCD
Q6700 with arctic freezer 7
4GB ADATA DDR2 800 RAM
1X Zotac 8800GT Oced
1X WD Raptor 10,000rpm HDD
1X Maxtor slow and small HDD
1X Samsung SATA DVD/CD/R/RW burner

Hello is this onboard sound? If so just disable onboard sound in the bios and buy a pci sound card rather cheap these days. You can even buy usb soud card devices on ebay that you connect your speakers too for about £5 might be worth a look at.

Hello is this onboard sound? If so just disable onboard sound in the bios and buy a pci sound card rather cheap these days. You can even buy usb soud card devices on ebay that you connect your speakers too for about £5 might be worth a look at.

Thanks, I didn't think about buying a PCI sound card.

Medic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back