BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1) in WIN7 64bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

dBaser

Hi,

I recently installed win7 64bit Ultimate on my pc.
The problem is that, when I'm gaming, I get BSOD's. They seem to happen randomly (after 1hour or 15 minutes or ...).

I'm running on the following configuration

ASUS P5K mobo
Intel Core2Duo E6750
4GB Corsair RAM
ASUS 8800GT 512 MB graphic card with driver 196.21
Soundblaster X-FI with driver version 2_18_0013

I have attached 2 of my minidumps. Apparently they come from 2 different drivers
- portcls.sys
- nvlddmlm.sys

I know that some of you guys/girls have a loooooooooooot of experience in debugging this kind of information and I was wondering if somebody can point me towards a solution...

Thx!
dBaser

Attachments

• minidumps.zip
    80.4 KB · Views: 1
When you installed Windows 7 did you then update your Nvidia drivers? The reason I ask is because nvlddmlm.sys is a Nvidia display driver.

Both errors are 0xD1 and though these are usually caused by faulty drivers they also can result due to mismached or faulty memory.

In your case corrupted memory was cited as the cause of your issue. So the next step is to run the completely free and safe Memtest on your RAM.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed but either one should work. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

Hi,

I ran memtest and indeed I got errors but they were realy weard...

Memtest (4.0) reported errors on memory 4223 while I only have 4096MB of memory... ???
(see screenshot)

I will also let windows memory diagnostic run on it to see if it has the same result...

I checked the memory settings (cas latency, voltage,...) and they seem correct according to the specs of corsair.

I will also try to update my bios as I have seen that there are some later versions available...

Thx for the reply already!

Attachments

• P090310_22.21_resized.jpg
    P090310_22.21_resized.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 2
If you get any errors with memtest you've got corrupted memory. The next step is determine how many sticks are bad. If this came as a pair or tri, even if only one is bad they must be RMA'd back as a set.

Hi,

I upgraded my bios and appartenly now memtest is running for more than 4 hours without reporting any errors... So I'm very hopefull my problem is solved...

Thx Route44 for the advice and assistance...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back