BSOD every 2-3 hours

By Reksio
May 22, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,

Im getting BSOD every now and again - did a full Windows reinstallation, along with all component parts drivers update, but that still doesnt help. It doesnt occur in any specific circumstances, but usually after 2-3 hours of uptime and medium activity. Got some minidumps that can be useful for someone willing to help me. Can someone analyze these and find the possible cause for me, please ?

/edit Dumps are rar files with the extension changed to .txt

My computer specs are:

CORE 2 DUO 2,66GHz BOX E8200 6MB
    ASUS P5K/EPU IP35
    KINGSTON DDR2 2GB DUAL (PC800) KVR800D2N5K2/2G
    INNOVISION 8600GT 512MB 128B PCI-ex 540/1000 HDMI
    Windows Home Edition SP2 with all the latest updates
  2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

Inside the 6 MiniDumps:
    Looks like drivers (For Sound and Video) require updating, actually do them all, from your manufacture driver support download page.

Also download and test your Ram with Memtest (for 7 Passes)
  3. Reksio

Reksio Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

I downloaded the latest driver updates before i actually posted here. Im going to try and remove 1 ram module and try and run it on 1 GB for the time being, see if that helps. If that fails, ill just swap ram modules and do it all over again. Maybe its one of these - had a similar problem before.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.