BSOD incorrect registry changes

BillAllen55

I made incorrect changes to my XP system. These are the errors messages I'm getting when encountering the BSOD screen:
stop 0x0000007e
0xc0000005
0xF748e0bf
0xf78da208
0xf78d9f08

PCI.SYS
Address f748e0bf
Base f7487000

I've attempted to format the HD which was unsuccessful. I have the Windows CD install disk but at a stand still as I can't get the repair screen to come up with loading the CD

Any one with thoughts on my issue?

"I made incorrect changes to my XP system"...What incorrect changes did you make? Did you change a bios setting?

Thank you for your response. The specific incorrect changes are now irrelevant. I did a complete format of the machine - then reinstalled my XP version of windows. I installed XP OS with a slip streamed service pack 3. I slip streamed service pack 3 with the installation of XP because my computer required it. I believe this was due to the machine being new enough that it did not recognize the 10 year plus old XP and needed the service pack to make it comfortable installing the old OS. Now the issue I'm having using the Windows update scan, is that I'm unable to update the OS. I went to the OS services and found that Windows update service is missing. I'm wondering if service pack 2 must be installed prior to service pack 3? I used this same install technique three years ago with this same machine and it worked fine with all updates. Can you give me suggestions as to how to go about resolving this issue. BTW I've been to many of the Microsoft help pages, running the "fix it for me' options without any joy.

The Service Packs are backwards compatible, So your slipstreamed Windows XP Service Pack 3 should work fine. Will XP Activate?

1. Create a batch file and copy the following contents in it and then double click on it to register modules.
I'm assuming when the article talks about creating a batch file, this is asking me to copy and paste the list into a notepad and use .bat extension designation? Once created I will click on this batch file is that the idea?

Yes I've tried every fix it wizard recommended by Microsoft for update issues with no joy. As a side note last night when hitting the shut down key I received a notice that I was not to turn off the system prior to updates that were being installed. From all appearances it update 'one' update. That seems rather strange under the circumstances. What do you make of this?

I have only seen this behavior with virus infected computers, or computers with "illegal" Windows installs...

So without leaving you in suspense I will tell you this morning, windows update updated and installed successfully 125 updates! Can you tell me why this may have happened when for all intents and purposes the update option was not working? Anyway I'm happy this has been resolved and I thank you for your fine assistance.

Back