BSOD on tablet PC (Probably caused by ntkrnlpa.exe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Motion LE1600 tablet running Win XP SP3 that suddenly started blue screening several times per day. It never had this problem before, and then it suddenly did it 4 times in one day. Tried updating all drivers, but it still occurred. Then reformatted and reinstalled Windows, but still getting BSOD. My basic knowledge of reading minidumps gives the following:

BugCheck 96, {86b27d28, 8055b140, 8055b140, 8056bd32}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlpa.exe ( nt!IopProcessWorkItem+0 )

INVALID_WORK_QUEUE_ITEM (96)

I've sent the tablet into Motion Computing, but they just say it needs to be reimaged (which I've already done) and they can't find any hardware problems. It seems to me like it's either bad hardware or a driver problem. Can anyone tell any more info from these minidumps. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Every one of your dumps is error 0x96 and they all cite the core Windows driver ntkrnlpa.exe. This is the first time I have ever come across this error and the best information that I can find is that there is conflict between hardware and its drivers.

MS says If the message continues to appear, select the Last Known Good option when you reboot. If there is no Last Known Good configuration, try using the Emergency Repair Disk.

Since you have already reformatted you can't go to the last known good configuration. Perhaps a Windows Repair is in store. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back