By tany
Jun 15, 2009
  1. Hi,
    Recently i suffer from BSOD on a daily basis. I can't put any finger on the reason, cause i see no rule. I suspect Outlook 2003 or AVG.
    I have attached the the dump file. I dont know how to read it.
    Please advise.
  2. B00kWyrm

B00kWyrm TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,436   +37

What hardware or software did you install just prior to getting bsods?

Your current minidump shows "Stop 0xBE"

Which indicates that a driver attempted to write to read-only memory.

Possible Resolutions:
    Since you suspect AVG and since others have reported issues with AVG8, you may wish to try (Free products, available here)
    Avira ...
    or Avast ...

Because of reported security issues, I do not use Outlook, so others will need to assist you there.
  3. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,233   +234

I really doubt if Outlook is related to this...

Microsoft says this:
    "You may receive a "Stop 0xBE" error message on some fault-tolerant computers. This error message is related to failing hardware. Because fault-tolerant computers can stop or "remove" hardware dynamically at any time, hardware that is in the process of being detected might be suddenly removed. This can cause Windows to try to read to nonexistent or otherwise incorrect memory"...
  4. Tmagic650

What about removing AVG completely and installing Avast free or Avira, malwarebytes, and Glary Utilities, performing thorough scans and cleanings...
  5. tany

tany TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thank you guys for the quick response.
    I have attached my services list that are "started". I appreciate if you have a look and see if one of them could be problematic.
    Also, reffering to hardware failure. In the past i used to "remove hardware safetly" before disconnecting my diskonkey. Well, not any more. Some friend of mine told me that, when running win Xp, i can disconnect my diskonley "brutaley" Ever since, i just pull of my sandisk diskonkey. Do you think Windows thinks it is still there?
  6. Tmagic650

You have said nothing about running new scans. Have you done this?
  7. tany

tany TS Rookie Topic Starter

No i havent, whu should i?
    do you think i should run my AVG scan?
  8. Tmagic650

Download and install free Malwarebytes and Glary Utilities, run both and then run a AVG scan if you can
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.