BSOD on XP SP3

Status
Not open for further replies.

tany

Hi,
Recently i suffer from BSOD on a daily basis. I can't put any finger on the reason, cause i see no rule. I suspect Outlook 2003 or AVG.
I have attached the the dump file. I dont know how to read it.
Please advise.
regards,
Tany

What hardware or software did you install just prior to getting bsods?

Your current minidump shows "Stop 0xBE"

Which indicates that a driver attempted to write to read-only memory.

Possible Resolutions:
• A Stop 0xBE message might occur after installing a faulty device driver, system service, or firmware. If a Stop message lists a driver by name, disable, remove, or roll back the driver to correct the problem. If disabling or removing drivers resolves the issues, contact the manufacturer about a possible update. Using updated software is especially important for multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, DVD playback, and CD mastering tools.

Since you suspect AVG and since others have reported issues with AVG8, you may wish to try (Free products, available here)
Avira ... https://www.techspot.com/downloads/41-antivir-personal-edition.html
or Avast ... https://www.techspot.com/downloads/223-avast-home-edition.html

Because of reported security issues, I do not use Outlook, so others will need to assist you there.

I really doubt if Outlook is related to this...

Microsoft says this:
"You may receive a "Stop 0xBE" error message on some fault-tolerant computers. This error message is related to failing hardware. Because fault-tolerant computers can stop or "remove" hardware dynamically at any time, hardware that is in the process of being detected might be suddenly removed. This can cause Windows to try to read to nonexistent or otherwise incorrect memory"...

Hi,
Recently i suffer from BSOD on a daily basis. I can't put any finger on the reason, cause i see no rule. I suspect Outlook 2003 or AVG.
I have attached the the dump file. I dont know how to read it.
Please advise.
regards,
Tany

What about removing AVG completely and installing Avast free or Avira, malwarebytes, and Glary Utilities, performing thorough scans and cleanings...

DiskOnKey

Thank you guys for the quick response.
I have attached my services list that are "started". I appreciate if you have a look and see if one of them could be problematic.
Also, reffering to hardware failure. In the past i used to "remove hardware safetly" before disconnecting my diskonkey. Well, not any more. Some friend of mine told me that, when running win Xp, i can disconnect my diskonley "brutaley" Ever since, i just pull of my sandisk diskonkey. Do you think Windows thinks it is still there?
Regards,
Tany

Download and install free Malwarebytes and Glary Utilities, run both and then run a AVG scan if you can

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back