Status
Not open for further replies.

Magniitude

System specs:

P4 1.7 ghz Intel Proc
256 pc-133 SDRAM 168 pin
256 9600 XT Radeon
SONY Vaio PCV-RX560

Basically i had bought another stick of 256 mb off of newegg, but i had bought a high density chip, not a low one. Anyways, i decided to reformat slightly after i installed it beacuse i hadnt for a while andd the comp was getting real slow. Now whenever i boot up windows up to the desktop while loading the icons I get a BSOD (something about making sure your hardware/driveers are working or somehting) and i have to shut down. I reformatted again, and it booted up fine the 1st couple of times after i had installed some drivers, but then it happened again. I went back in safemode and uninstalled the drivers and it booted up again ok, but when i downloaded windows updates and installed them and re booted the same error came up!

Any help would be appreciated, and thanks.

(BTW if anyone can help me find a 256mb pc-133 168pin low density RAM uner $40 you would rule!)

Thanks !!

Right, OK I'm with you now. You don't say what OS you're using. If you can do a system restore to before you updated Windows or un-install the updates individually. Then if it is stable re-apply the updates one at a time establishing stability in between updates.

damn lol im using XP home edition SP1, ive already tried a full reformat, and as soon as i install any updates to anything (e.g vid card drivers, dx, updates, etc. ) my pc gets the bsod on the next reboot.

ill try im reformatting as of the moment and i will try to DL sp2 without rebooting first and install see if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back