TechSpot

BSOD STOP 0x0000008E Mini Dump help

By dujon_uk
Oct 10, 2005
  1. Can someone please tell me what my mini dump means my PC as restarted 3 times in 10 minutes.

STOP : 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x8054A832, 0xEFD56C3C, 0X00000000)

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. dujon_uk

dujon_uk TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thse are my 5 most recent mini dumps.
    Thanks
    Mike

Attached Files:

3. cpc2004

cpc2004 TS Evangelist Posts: 2,044

Hi Dujon,

The culprit is ZoneAlarm. Your version of ZoneAlarm crashes your windows. There have at least 4 confiremd cases of ZoneAlarm at this forum. De-install ZoneAlarm will resolve the problem. You can report the problem to ZonaLab and ask for help.

4. dujon_uk

Hi cpc2004,

Thanks for the fast reply. I downloaded windgb today and tried to use that. I also downlaoded the symbols but didnt get it work fully for some reason, something about wrong symbols. Though from reading the report it kept mentioning vsdatant.sys. So I searched google and it reported different problems with BSOD and zonealarm, so I removed all traces to my knowledge of Zone Alarm. So your reply as confirmed my findings. If this zonealarm is going to crash my system, is there any firewalls I can use that wont create such a conflict?

Thanks Alot

Mike

5. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

The free Sygate firewall comes highly recommended.

You can get it HERE

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

6. dujon_uk

Thanks for all the help.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.