BSOD Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyBritt

Heya,

I had some trouble with Zonealarm before, which you guys really helpfully diagnosed. I changed to Comodo which helped a lot and the BSOD went away. However it has decided to rear its ugly head once more and is getting more frequent so I'm hoping you guys can help me again.

Once again my comp stats are:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00Ghz
Motherboard: ASUSTek P5N-E SLi
Ram Speed, size and #sticks: 2 x 2048 sticks
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT 512MB
PSU : I ordered a 60 but am not sure how to confirm this without opening up, and its wall mounted atm. Can do if needs be.

Cheers,
Joey

I attempted unzip your Zip file but because you zipped the folder my zip utility cannot access the files. Only zip the files themselves, not the folder.

Attach again minidump files only and I'll attempt to read.

Thank you very much :) Why is it that AVG's become a problem? Is it buggy with Vista or is my version just corrupted?

AVG8 has included many other scanners into its default engine
All these "extra" scanners are using drivers that always (IMO) conflict with normal Internet and Windows behavior (similar to Norton)

Uninstall it.

AVG8 is good. It is just not good enough. The AVG 7.5 was king of the pile when it first came out, but apparently AVG has settled down to making money. The paid version is better than the free one. AVG8 is always a few days late in getting the latest definitions together.
The enemy of "good" is "better."
AVAST, Avira, Kaspersky, and Nod32 are simply better than AVG8...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back