Status
Not open for further replies.
I just recently built a computer and keep getting BSOD's. Specs are as follows:

Foxconn Blood Rage mobo
Core i7 920
3x2 GB Corsair Dominator 1600
Geforce GTX 260 Core 216
WD Velociraptor 80 GB Sata

I have done a fresh install about 5 times, and keep getting blue screens, usually not too long after I finish setting up the user account. I have also run memtest with each ram module, with 6 passes for each. I have also run checkdisk and came up with no errors. I have tried updating all my drivers, to no avail. I have tried to run ram at mobo defaults, and disabled on board audio. I have attached 2 minidumps in a zip file, I would have had more, but this is my 5th install and I wanted to see if you guys could give me a hand. Thanks in advance!

I just got another one, this one while installing Everest Free Edition 2.2. Here are the details that showed up when I restarted.

BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA800864F4EA
BCP3: 000000008C200040
BCP4: 000000000020114A
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini041409-03.dmp
C:\Users\minjisuh\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-450172-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\minjisuh\AppData\Local\Temp\WEREF7C.tmp.version.txt

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8007c1c128, be000000, 30014a}
Probably caused by : hardware
PROCESS_NAME: System

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8008a195e2, 8c200040, 201136}

Fault seems to be hardware or possible corrupt Bios settings
Sorry haven't got anymore info, except try resetting or updating your Bios

Gateway drivers and updates can be found here: (just click on the name "Gateway")
Gateway Drivers

I am running the most recent update of the bios, but just to try it out I changed the jumper settings on my mobo to force start the 2nd bios, but right after I did that and logged in, I got another blue screen. Ah, so frustrating!

Without looking up all your hardware
Do you happen to have onboard video? (ie try with the addon out)
Also have you confirmed the CPU and M\board are compatible?

no onboard video, and yes, the blood rage was designed for this cpu. at this point i really have no idea what's causing all of this. sometimes ill just be surfing the web and it will crash, or when im installing a program, or just trying to listen to some music.

I just can't see how software could be causing this CPU error
But just in case, what Antivirus are you running?
And is there the possibility of Virus\Malware on your computer?

Well if you have the option to warranty return the board, I would
Unless you want to wait for another reply about editing your default Bios (and confirming updated revision)
Actually there is the small chance that it's faulty Power Supply too, therefore if you have another lying about, try it for a few days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back