TechSpot

BSOD - Vista 64 bit

By minjisuh
Apr 14, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just recently built a computer and keep getting BSOD's. Specs are as follows:

Foxconn Blood Rage mobo
    Core i7 920
    3x2 GB Corsair Dominator 1600
    Geforce GTX 260 Core 216
    WD Velociraptor 80 GB Sata

I have done a fresh install about 5 times, and keep getting blue screens, usually not too long after I finish setting up the user account. I have also run memtest with each ram module, with 6 passes for each. I have also run checkdisk and came up with no errors. I have tried updating all my drivers, to no avail. I have tried to run ram at mobo defaults, and disabled on board audio. I have attached 2 minidumps in a zip file, I would have had more, but this is my 5th install and I wanted to see if you guys could give me a hand. Thanks in advance!

I just got another one, this one while installing Everest Free Edition 2.2. Here are the details that showed up when I restarted.

BCCode: 124
    BCP1: 0000000000000000
    BCP2: FFFFFA800864F4EA
    BCP3: 000000008C200040
    BCP4: 000000000020114A
    OS Version: 6_0_6001
    Service Pack: 1_0
    Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
    C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini041409-03.dmp
    C:\Users\minjisuh\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-450172-0.sysdata.xml
    C:\Users\minjisuh\AppData\Local\Temp\WEREF7C.tmp.version.txt

2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

Fault seems to be hardware or possible corrupt Bios settings
    Sorry haven't got anymore info, except try resetting or updating your Bios

Gateway drivers and updates can be found here: (just click on the name "Gateway")

3. minjisuh

minjisuh TS Rookie Topic Starter

I am running the most recent update of the bios, but just to try it out I changed the jumper settings on my mobo to force start the 2nd bios, but right after I did that and logged in, I got another blue screen. Ah, so frustrating!

4. kimsland

Without looking up all your hardware
    Do you happen to have onboard video? (ie try with the addon out)
    Also have you confirmed the CPU and M\board are compatible?

5. minjisuh

no onboard video, and yes, the blood rage was designed for this cpu. at this point i really have no idea what's causing all of this. sometimes ill just be surfing the web and it will crash, or when im installing a program, or just trying to listen to some music.

6. kimsland

I just can't see how software could be causing this CPU error
    But just in case, what Antivirus are you running?
    And is there the possibility of Virus\Malware on your computer?

7. minjisuh

i use avira and malware checker, and both came up clean. should i see about getting my mobo replaced?

8. kimsland

Well if you have the option to warranty return the board, I would
    Unless you want to wait for another reply about editing your default Bios (and confirming updated revision)
    Actually there is the small chance that it's faulty Power Supply too, therefore if you have another lying about, try it for a few days

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.