BSOD When loading heavy webpages with sounds or Java

Status
Not open for further replies.

saik0pod

I just newly acquired a USR90-12 PCI 56K Modem, I use dial up. However randomly I open a webpage with sounds or some kind of Java game my whole computer restarts. I disabled Automatic restart in recovery options, this is the technical information I received

*** HSFDPSP2.SYS - Address F6C6AF79 BASE AT F6C40000, DATESTAMP 40d22144

I absolutely have no idea what that means.

However, when I am off line and play songs, everything is fine. I think this is a driver issue but I have no idea what driver. Much help is appreciated

This is the stop information

*** STOP: 0X0000008E (0XC0000092, 0XF6CC6AF79, 0XF7AD5A84, 0X00000000)

The error states you need to do MS updates:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827663

But the real concern is, that 56K will take a long time, to download all updates.
If you are able to take your computer to a highspeed access-point (ie a tech shop) they may be able to download all the updates and install them for you.

Also check to ensure that you have the recommended version of Java installed for your operating system:
http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp?detect=jre&try=1
You can also check for Flash Player here:
http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/flash/trigger/en/2/index.html

Hi,prior to dial up I had aDSL2. I know my Windows is fully updated I did so on January 19, 2008 prior to switching to dial up. This seems to be a 56K driver issue however I do not know where to update my driver. U.S Robotics 90-12 (USR90-12) PCI Modem 56K Int Fax

You will need to grab all the numbers and identifications from this card
Namely: FCC-ID (usually in orange writing)
Any model numbers printed on the card (usually 4 numbers)
Any numbers written on the chip itself (this sometimes gets it straight away)

And then Google for drivers
Now I say you to Google, because sometimes it's a matter of downloading a few, until you get the right one! 56K Modems can be irritating at times (As you must know)
Thankfully 56K will not be around forever.

Not sure if this information will help:

System Specifications

PSU: Turbo-Cool 850 SSI
MOBO: MSI-865PE Neo-P2
HD(s): WD 80GB sata : Seagate 160GB sata
Cpu: Pentium 4 extreme edition socket 478
sound card: Sound blaster 24bit live! Audigy SE
video: ATi X1650 512MB AGP 8x
Memory: 3 x Simpletech DDR400 256MB (786MB)

Also as a small concern, I have a lot of fans inside my case(About 18). Will the noise generated interfere with my modem or something? My fans are very loud as they are server fans that push air at 100cfm and sometimes it is unbearable. Also everything inside my computer is over clocked intensively. They are all stable since I have had the same configuration for over 6 months. Everything started to get messy when I installed that PCI modem.

To kimsland:

Thank you for the fast reply, I have tried to search drivers for my modem but every website I encounter is in Spanish. (2 days of non stop searching)

Nope that doesn't do it.
The page found here: http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=downloaddetail&type=driver&maincat_no=1&prod_no=150
Does not have onboard modem drivers (obviously a 3rd Party PCI)

Also it is wiser to update your Profile with this information (for better support)

You still need to remove the card and write down ALL info (scattered across the card!)

As for the 18 fans
Does it look like this <attached>

Edit:

You can run this, it might help work out your modem hardware
http://members.datafast.net.au/dft0802/downloads/pcivbs.vbs

Impressive picture, but no they are not like that. I have 6 120MM server fans,7 80mm fans (tie strapped to my hard drives, video card, cpu.) 2 PCI slot fans to push out the video cards hot air. 2 very small fans to push out the cpus hot air. And 1 Evercool neoncrab ram cooler with 2 small fans on it.

lol :) (My pic was a tad exagerated, but I've never heard of 18 fans either)

And the specs...

Also did you try the above, searching Google?

Average computer has 4 or more;

The 120mm fans push the hot air out of the case

The 80mm fans blow directly on the heatsink/hardware (The hot air is dispersed, therefore it's the 120mm's job to remove it.)

The 56K card is not intergarted into the mobo, and I did try searching on Google to no success. I can only locate old 2003 drivers. U.S Robotics PCI Internal Modem Card 56K Fax int. USR90-12

That might be it, who knows.

But...

you could just post every detail you have from the card itself (and er hum your system specs!)

I have an account at DriverGuide that I could check for you.
But usually I do find them elsewhere. (It just takes TIME !!)

So if you could help by doing all the above, well then maybe I could also help!

I have updated my system specs. On my public profile

PCI 56K Specs

U.S Robotics PCI Internal Modem Card 56K Fax int. USR90-12

That's the only thing I see on the card sorry.

You know everyone has this issue
I believe should be changed to Default Yes

System Specs
Would you like to show other members your computer specs? Default is (NO) This will be displayed in your posts via a drop down menu for other members to view. Add your system specs in your usercp Edit options.

Please answer YES under that info in your Profile

--------

Now you still need to REMOVE the card and list off everything from:
  • the orange FCC-ID
  • The Chip itself
  • Any other numbers on the card

Thank-You

I have done some testing! I have figured something out!

My 56K card is right next to my sound card. When I play a song or a movie when I am currently connected to the internet I get the BSOD. When I'm offline everything plays perfectly. This is extremely odd!

Well, those are the drivers USRobotics has on their site for your modem. Did you uninstall the previous drivers before installing those?

I have isolated the problem and I have found out what was wrong. It is not a driver issue but it is a hardware issue. It seems my soundcard was the problem. Everytime I was online and played a song or something my modem would fail. I have removed the soundcard and everything works perfectly. I am just sadden I have to use the onboard audio. However this problem is no fixed yet, I have 4 brand new soundcards (24bit live sb0310). I know non of them are broken, and it's the 56k. What does the 56K have relation with my sound cards? Very odd

Yep, plug both devices in, and look under the Device Manager to see if there is a resource conflict. If there is, correct it.

Meh, I'd say the only thing worth checking is the IRQ settings. Head into the Device Manager, click View>Resources by type. Click the + next to Interrupt request (IRQ) and check to see if the two devices giving you issues are assigned the same number. If so, you've likely found your problem.

Well system resource conflict, or electro magnetic radiation interference from the sound card.

Regarding the magnetic interference - try mounting the cards further apart.

Regarding resource conflict (oh dear, this can be easy or hard!)

There are two places to control allocation to system IRQ resource
System CMOS and Device Manager
We're going to Device Manager (for ease, and plug and play compatibility)
Start -> Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager
Right click on your Modem
Select Properties
Select Resources
Select IRQ
Deselect Automatic
Select change settings
Change to any other IRQ available (if there are any)
Ok Apply Ok
Then shutdown
And fit the sound card
Hopefully it's assigned automatically and works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back