BSOD whenever I use dedicated graphics card (W7 x64)

FakeSky

Whenever I boot the computer and use the card instead of onboard video, it BSODs. I've tried reinstalling Windows then using the card, but that still gives me a BSOD. I have already tested my RAM several times and flashed my BIOS to the latest version. I've been trying to fix this problem for over two weeks and I cannot seem to get it fixed, so I have come here to ask for help. If I have missed anything, please let me know.

Specs:
Motherboard: ASUS P8H61-M LX3 PLUS R2.0
Processor: Intel Core i3 3220 3.3ghz
Graphics card: NVIDIA GTS 450
RAM: 1x 4GB DDR3

-It works fine when I switch to onboard video.

Attachments

• 052013-22167-01.zip
    21.5 KB · Views: 2
A fresh install of Windows needs a fresh install of the NVIDIA GTS 450 video cards driver. You can get the latest driver from here:
http://www.geforce.com/drivers

You may have to disable the on-board video. After doing all this, and you still get the BSOD, the card may be bad. Are you connecting the power supply to the card if required?

I installed the driver and switched to my graphics card, but after Windows loads, it crashes. The card works okay, I've already tested it.

By PEG, do you mean the primary video device? I disabled the standard VGA adapter in the device manager, then in the BIOS I set PCIE as the primary video device but it still crashes. I will try installing the Intel HD graphics drivers for onboard video and see what will happen.

The video card is in this socket "1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 *1"? PEG stands for the first PCIe socket. If your bios doesn't show this, then PCIe is correct

Yes, the graphics card is in the first socket, and it still crashes after disabling onboard video drivers. I tried installing Intel HD graphics drivers, but another BSOD came up afterafter restarting. I will post the mini dump once I get the computer running again.

Edit: Attached the file! :)

Attachments

• 052213-16380-01.zip
    21.8 KB · Views: 1
Sounds like you have a defective motherboard...
NTFS.sys in the minidump probable hard drive corruption from all the blue screens

Hmmm, that sounds quite unfortunate. I will try to get it replaced, I will return here if I ever have a problem again. Thank you for your help, I appreciate it very much! :D

I got the motherboard replaced and put everything in, but when I start it up I get another blue screen. This time it actually got a minidump, so I uploaded that. Can anyone figure out what's going on?

Attachments

• 052413-30700-01.zip
    26.7 KB · Views: 2
This might be caused by a bios setting or missing drivers. Are there any yellow exclamation points (!) in the device manager?

I am beginning to suspect that my Windows 7 iso may be corrupt. I will redownload it to be sure, reporting back if I fix anything.

I have two minidump files from earlier. I redownloaded the Windows ISO and installed the drivers with my motherboard support CD, but after installing the Intel HD graphics drivers and restarting, I get a blue screen on onboard video.

Attachments

• 052513-20373-01.zip
    36.8 KB · Views: 1
Another minidump, I got it after installing GTS 450 drivers and booting into PCIE.

Attachments

• 052513-15366-01.zip
    27.7 KB · Views: 1
The C drive is a Deskstar 160GB model, bought in 2008. I also installed Windows on another hard drive, Seagate 500GB bought a few months ago but still the same issue. Could it be the power supply? The computer shuts down a few seconds after turning it on, I have to boot it up twice to make it work now.

Back