TechSpot

Bsod while playing games

By sniper6
Sep 12, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ok, when i bought this computer prebuilt. Processor- AMD Phenom II x4 3.06GHz
    Graphics card-nivida gtx260
    Windows vista home premium
    4 gigs of ram (2-2 gig sticks)
    Asus M3A78 mobo
    680 watt power supply
    -1 top 200mm TriCool fan with 3-speed switch control
    - 1 rear 120mm TriCool fan with 3-speed switch control
    - 2 front 120mm special black TriCool blue LED fans with

i tried to analyze one of the mini dump files but couldn't get the right symbols. (i did download the symbols)

The bsods didn't start happening immediately it took a month or two for them to start occurring. I havnt run memtest yet, im new to this kind of trouble shooting. any suggestions would be great. thanks in advance.

snipe

2. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,265   +41

Why havnt you run memtest yet, just to get it out of the way, because people here will suggest you do it.

3. sniper6

sniper6 TS Rookie Topic Starter

well i havnt done it because im not sure which one to download. ( i know its nooby lol)

4. LinkedKube

http://www.memtest.org/

download it, run it, report back.

BUTTT, before you run it try swapping out the sticks of ram, well do both of em then try a reboot. See what happens.

5. sniper6

sniper6 TS Rookie Topic Starter

which one? (im new to this forgive me lol) prebuilt im assuming or source code? if prebuilt which one? (im new to this sorry)

6. LinkedKube

the one that corresponds to your operating system. as far as the ram chips, take one out and test, and do the same with the other, see if you still have bsods.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.