BSOD while playing WoW on XP SP3

I have been gettin bsod's while running world of warcraft. I have not got them at any other time if I can recall. im running 4gb ram on a biostar ta880gb+, with a nvidia gforce gt 240, 2x 330gb hdds in a stripe raid. the system is not overclocked.
I have defraged my drives and done a few virus scans but my system appears to be clean. any help I can get would be great.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    69.7 KB · Views: 2
Now normally when we see BSODs limited to certain games the usual suspect is video card drivers. However, in two of your minidump files one specifically cited corrupted memory and the other your harddrive. What make is your harddrive. Also, do the following:

Run Memtest on your RAM.

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download the latest ISO version which is 4.20. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn ISO to a CD.

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. (You might have to place your drive as first bootable in your BIOS) The test will take over.

There is a Tutorial: How to use Memtest in our Guides and Tutorials forum; follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes (not hours; this test is not measured by hours); the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

* Get back to us with the results.

mem test

i have a mem test built into my bios.i did 8 passes over the past few hrs and there were no errors. the HDD's are twin seagate barracudas 7200.10 the p/n is 98j14g-305 and, the firmware is 3.aad

Use the memtest I linked you to. Seagate has a free harddrive diagnostic utility called Seatools. Burn the ISO file to a CD, place your DVD drive as first bootable in your BIOS, place CD in your drive, reboot and run the SMART, Short DST, and especially the Long DST

need a few day's

due to the fact i have just upgraded my processor memory and motherboard about 30 days ago ill need a few days to get my hands on a new dvd drive. The motherboard only has sata imputs so i cant use my old dvd drive. ill post asap on the results with the mem test and the seatools scan.

Back