BSODs, IRQL error on Asus G73sw

By Devan
Apr 30, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. My computer has been getting a lot of BSOD's. i have a ASUS G73sw. Message that pops up with the blue screens is IRQL not less than equal. if anyone could give me any assistance, i would be much appreciated. Attached are 5 Most recent Minidumps in order from 1 to 5.

Attached Files:

• 1.zip
      File size:
      27.6 KB
      Views:
    • 2.zip
      File size:
      31 KB
      Views:
    • 3.zip
      File size:
      25.4 KB
      Views:
    • 4.zip
      File size:
      25.7 KB
      Views:
    • 5.zip
      File size:
      29.3 KB
      Views:
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,451   +135

What version of Windows, and what are you doing when the BSOD's happen? BATTC.sys is in the minidumps. Is the laptops battery in good condition?
  3. Devan

Devan Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Windows 7 battery is in good condition its a pretty new laptop
  4. Tmagic650

Okay, what are you doing with the laptop when the BSOD's happen, and remove the battery and only use the AC adapter and see if the BSOD's stop. Laptop batteries can fail at any time in any way. The driver BATTC.sys is very rare to appear in a BSOD
  5. Devan

i am just turning on the computer and within 10 to 15 seconds of being on the desktop it does the BSOD. and after maybe 2 BSOD's then the computer is fine i can continue what i am doing but i didnt think to remove the battery
  6. Tmagic650

Try running without the battery...
  7. Devan

I have removed the battery and got the Blue screen 4 more times before i didnt get it anymore. the first one said System Service Exception. the other one had said Bad Pool Header and the other 2 didnt say anything
  8. Tmagic650

"got the Blue screen 4 more times before i didnt get it anymore"... So you are running BSOD free now?
  9. Devan

right now yes but i had gotten 4 times after removing the battery
  10. Tmagic650

So is the battery installed now?
  11. Devan

12. Tmagic650

Put it back in, if the BSOD's start again you may have to get a new battery
  13. Devan

ok thank you for the help

14. Tmagic650

No problem. Good luck and thanks for visiting us
  15. Devan

Computer is still getting BSOD's dad suggests I take it to Geek Squad to get rid of the virus but I dont want to pay $250.00 if its something that I can fix with help. Is there any way I could get some help
  16. Tmagic650

Any new minidumps? And how do you know it's a virus? Do you have any options on starting up that offer a system restore?
  17. Devan

we believe the svchost virus is causing the problems with BSOD's only problem is we cant get rid of it and he cant do much without physically having the computer. I can check for some new minidumps and the system restore one doesnt give me an option to go back far enough and the other requires me to have a windows disk but the laptop never came with one also asked me to back it up on a disk but I dont think there is one large enough
  18. Devan

odd I cant compress the mini dumps like I did before so that I could upload them for you
  19. Tmagic650

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.