BSODs please help!! minidumps attached

By rassklass
Oct 1, 2007
  1. Hey to everyone :)
    i am having a nightmare of a time with my new machine! i collected it last thursday where it had been overclocked and tested by the people i bought it off for about a week with no problems. They then formatted it so I could have a clean install which was all fine until the BSODs started!! since then they happen regularly, I have had 7 today! I have tried turning my overclocking down but i dont want to revert to standard as that isnt why i bought this particular machine. I have run microsfot memory test 8 passes 0 errors and memtest86+ with 7 passes and 0 errors! All the BSOD's that I keep getting all seem to refer to a memory problem tho! i have attached today asi'm not allowed anymore in one go! if someone can help i will love them forever!
    running xp media centre service pack 2.
  2. Spyder_1386

Spyder_1386 TS Rookie Posts: 498

hey there... if you have more than one stick of RAM, remove one and run your system on the others. Do this for ALL the sticks. I'm suspecting one or more of the chips is faulty... Let me know if this solves your problem.

Spyder_1386 :)
  3. rassklass

rassklass TS Rookie Topic Starter

hey, i have 4 ram sticks so i'll give it a go. its a bit strange that they have gone under intense stressing and testing and all come up fine though?
  4. Spyder_1386

Spyder_1386 TS Rookie Posts: 498

hey rassklass....the reason i said check your ram was because u posted in your first message that "the errors are memory related".... if its not the ram, we'll have to try something else...

Spyder_1386 :)
  5. rassklass

ok well ill give it a go. is there any chance it could be software thats messing it up? most of the errors seems to occur when im using Maya
  6. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

7. rassklass

right, i did as suggested and tested ram chips 1 by 1.

first two crashed to BSOD almost as soon as windows had loaded.
    second 2 worked fine, managed a 30 minute orthos CPU & RAM stress test on each.

I then the non working ones again, same problems, almost instant BSOD on windows load.

So i then put the 2 working chips together which initially crashed, possibly because I had 1 in the blue slot and 1 in the white slot (i have blue and white ram slots on my MB).

Tried them in the blue slots, worked fine. Tried them in the white slots, didnt work fine, BSOD again.

I then ran Orthos for over an hour with them both in the blue slots. This was after playing with the voltages a little. Orthos ran fine for the hour so I assumed they were ok so I decided to do some work. I loaded Maya, within 5 seconds of it loading I got BSOD!!

Now i have no idea whats wrong :(
  8. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

if you found bad ram, replace them.
  9. cpc2004

cpc2004 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,994

Faulty Ram

From your minidumps, the culprit is faulty memory. Mixed ram may also cause memory error.

Mini100107-01.dmp BugCheck 1000000A, {80fffff4, 2, 0, 8050d9c5}
    Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiModifiedPageWriterWorker+c7 )

Mini100107-02.dmp BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, 805ae964, b5a93bdc, 0}
    Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MmDeleteTeb+2e )

Mini100107-03.dmp BugCheck 10000050, {ff82a687, 8, ff82a687, 0}
    Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!xxxInternalDoSyncPaint+12 )

Mini100107-04.dmp BugCheck 10000050, {b626c004, 1, bf80959c, 0}
    Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!SURFMEM::bCreateDIB+c2 )

Mini100107-05.dmp BugCheck 10000050, {ff8159ff, 8, ff8159ff, 0}
    Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!NtUserBeginPaint+53 )

Downclock the ram may fix the problem.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.