Building a gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

bielius

* What are you going to use the PC for?
Mostly gaming, mayby some video editing (rare) and films/music etc.
* How much is your budget?
actually i don't really know. maybe about 2000$(Eh, not the best parts.. :)) <- Edit: i would like the lowest afcourse..)
* Where are you located? (aka fill out your profile)
Norway
* Are you willing to buy online?
I can if i need.
* Are you going to re-use any parts from an earlier build?
I keep my big speakers, so i don't need new ones.
* Do you need other peripherals like a monitor, keyboard and mouse, among others?
monitor,mouse,keyboard...
* Have you already bought any parts?
No.

well i would like to have a nice gaming card,maybe Core 2 duo( i need high clock,like ~3 ghz or something.) or quad. a monitor, i don't really know about these. maybe you know what's best for films/games?
Maybe ~500Gb disk.
If i need to add something more, just say it :)

yo bielius, check my thread 'What should i buy for this computer" which is above your thread. When i got that computer it cost me 2,000 so It is perfect for your range of price. minus the graphics card of course. I bought that recently. I had a ASUS EN7950GT PCI-E 512MB DDR3 256BIT graphics card and the hole computer came out to 2,000 exactly including the graphics card. the EN7950 is a good card. You can look at the pictures I put up of the computer and check the parts specifically. Good luck dude!

It has intel core 2 duo and 2 gigs of great ram.

Well since I recently became disabled I decided to build a Dream Machine. Since I will be spending more time at home. Here is a list of components to be purchased in order to make a dream come true.

1xTower ThermalTake VH6001 BWS Armor+Full Tower
1xPower Supply Ultra X3 Ult40070 1600-Watt PS ATX Sata
1xMotherboard EVGA E759 CLASSIFIED LIMITED EDITION 3-Way SLI (x16) + PhysX w/ECP & NF200 1366 Intel X58
1xCPU Intel Core I7 965 Quad Core Extreme
2xMemory 12 Gigabytes Corsair Dominator 6gb (3x2gb)
1xSound Card 7.1 Some kind of Live Card
2xVideo Card EVGA 017-P3-1294-AR GeForce GTX 295
2XHard Drives Western Digital VelociRaptor 300GB SATA 10,000 RPM
2xDVD Writters LITE-ON Black 22X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X

Please suggest any changes.
I know I will be spending Close to 5grand I do not wish to go higher. Please understand I am not a rich man but since I am now disabled I will want the highest end Gaming Rig I cant get. I want the end all of gaming rigs at this time and be able to game for at least 5 years or till I die :)

Well since I recently became disabled I decided to build a Dream Machine. Since I will be spending more time at home. Here is a list of components to be purchased in order to make a dream come true.

1xTower ThermalTake VH6001 BWS Armor+Full Tower
1xPower Supply Ultra X3 Ult40070 1600-Watt PS ATX Sata
1xMotherboard EVGA E759 CLASSIFIED LIMITED EDITION 3-Way SLI (x16) + PhysX w/ECP & NF200 1366 Intel X58
1xCPU Intel Core I7 965 Quad Core Extreme
2xMemory 12 Gigabytes Corsair Dominator 6gb (3x2gb)
1xSound Card 7.1 Some kind of Live Card
2xVideo Card EVGA 017-P3-1294-AR GeForce GTX 295
2XHard Drives Western Digital VelociRaptor 300GB SATA 10,000 RPM
2xDVD Writters LITE-ON Black 22X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X

Please suggest any changes.
I know I will be spending Close to 5grand I do not wish to go higher. Please understand I am not a rich man but since I am now disabled I will want the highest end Gaming Rig I cant get. I want the end all of gaming rigs at this time and be able to game for at least 5 years or till I die :)

the 1600 watt psu is a waste, unless you want to spend another 500dollars plus labor to get an electrician to come out to your house and replace your sockets with 20+amp sockets.

The i7 965, also a waste, spend the extra 600 on something more useful, like a better chair since you'll be sitting in it often.

2x295 gpus is wasteful, unless you plan on using a 30" monitor, highest resolutions, i dont even think this justifies using two of these cards.

the 1600 watt psu is a waste, unless you want to spend another 500dollars plus labor to get an electrician to come out to your house and replace your sockets with 20+amp sockets.

The i7 965, also a waste, spend the extra 600 on something more useful, like a better chair since you'll be sitting in it often.

2x295 gpus is wasteful, unless you plan on using a 30" monitor, highest resolutions, i dont even think this justifies using two of these cards.

Forgot to add that.
1xMonitor Gateway XHD3000 30-inch Widescreen LCD Display - 6ms, 400 nits, 1000:1, 2560x1600(Dual-link DVI), 1920x1200 (Single-link DVI), Anti-glare Coating, VGA, DVI, HDCP, HDMI, Component, 2.5mm IR Blaster
these will be for the two 2x295 GPU's

As Far as the Power Supply I think I will get a ULTRA X3 1000WATT SLI READY MODULAR POWER SUPPLY

I really appreciate your input anything else would be grand as All I can do is go online and shop.

as far as the chair true to that I will be replacing my chair need to look for that.
Are you sure I will need to get an electrician to upgrade my power if I use a 1600 watt Power supply? if that is the case what PSU would I use then in this setup?

The I7 965 and the video cards are so I can be good for maybe more than 5 years possibly 8.
Still thinking about the 2 295 GPU's but thats the machine maybe a little Overkill?

Thanks for the post! and in norwegian prices :)

Don't really think i need so good GPU, but i will see , if i have money, it'll fit to me :)
Why i need SSD disk with HDD?
And maybe a Sound card also will fit in?
EDIT:
I really don't think i need this good case; i will see, but maybe there is a case around >1000 kr?
It's over 10000 Krones in total. well, thinking that i'm 13 years old, my mom or dad will not give me money,(....?) i'll have to press myself in money :) but if lowering the GPU, and taking out some neccesary things, price is quite good. another thing, we're going to Thailand before christmas, maybe there are cheaper parts? and, because in norway we kids really need a laptop, and in high school it is must, maybe consider on buying a high-end laptop for games & writing N surfing webs?

Forgot to add that.
1xMonitor Gateway XHD3000 30-inch Widescreen LCD Display - 6ms, 400 nits, 1000:1, 2560x1600(Dual-link DVI), 1920x1200 (Single-link DVI), Anti-glare Coating, VGA, DVI, HDCP, HDMI, Component, 2.5mm IR Blaster
these will be for the two 2x295 GPU's

As Far as the Power Supply I think I will get a ULTRA X3 1000WATT SLI READY MODULAR POWER SUPPLY

I really appreciate your input anything else would be grand as All I can do is go online and shop.

as far as the chair true to that I will be replacing my chair need to look for that.
Are you sure I will need to get an electrician to upgrade my power if I use a 1600 watt Power supply? if that is the case what PSU would I use then in this setup?

The I7 965 and the video cards are so I can be good for maybe more than 5 years possibly 8.
Still thinking about the 2 295 GPU's but thats the machine maybe a little Overkill?

the 1600 watt psu does have a power cord for standard sockets, but you cant draw 1600 watts from a standard wall socket. Although that power supply does come with both cords. Trust me, I looked into it, wanted to buy the same psu myself.

my point is that its 15mp, not 20, which is required for the psu if you want to actually draw the 1600 watts, but that's almost impossible with a computer.

@supersmashbrada, regardless of how much power is available via the mains, the PSU will NEVER draw that much power, unless you were running a dual-CPU (quad-core each) rig with phase-change cooling, three dual-GPU cards like three GTX 295s, and 10-20 HDDs.

@supersmashbrada, regardless of how much power is available via the mains, the PSU will NEVER draw that much power, unless you were running a dual-CPU (quad-core each) rig with phase-change cooling, three dual-GPU cards like three GTX 295s, and 10-20 HDDs.

lol i said it was almost impossible.

Haakonas said:
I recommend getting a PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 1kW supply. If you would like a quiet one, the Corsair HX1000 and Seasonic M12D are what you should consider.

Also, I recommend getting one or two WD1001FALS drives for storage, and one or two OCZ Vertex SSDs for your OS and games. Obscenely faster than Raptors (or any HDD for that matter), and much more reliable too, since they have a much, much longer running life than HDDs due to having no moving parts. The HDDs come with a 5-year warranty, so register them on WD's site as soon as you get them and you'll be set for at least 5 years.

maybe the discution about haakonas things start in new topic? well this thread is mine after all :)

The things you reccomend are in total price of 11062 kr. i would like to have this around 5000-8000 krones if it's possible. maybe deselecting SSD, lowring GPU,picking another case, and Maybe not buying a new monitor (i will see, because im watching to a really bad monitor, MAG innovision, 1024x764(or something that) pixels, thats small, so i will probably buy a monitor.)

Alright, here's what I recommend for that budget:
Should be within your budget and hopefully leave enough for a suitable keyboard, mouse and shipping.

Alright, here's what I recommend for that budget:
Should be within your budget and hopefully leave enough for a suitable keyboard, mouse and shipping.

Hopefully, i have an OEM, its windows XP Pro SP3... and i don't think i need vista nor 64x.because i do install many programs that is not good with vista and 64x...
I am the green and intel fan, but i don't think it's very bad...
What is the AMD speed? is it better than Intel you reccomended?
Anyways, this is nice rig also :) waiting for answer.
edt: will the processor keep up with the card? don't want to waste the card...

There will be a small bottleneck, but you can easily OC the CPU to 3GHz and beyond, which will remove most, if not all, of the bottleneck.

As for Vista x64, you will need it if you ever upgrade your RAM beyond 4GB, since the version of XP you have is likely 32-bit, and will not recognize more than 3-3.5GB of RAM. 64-bit XP is just plain trash and does not have good driver support, among other problems.

And no, the E8400 is much faster than the X2 7750. But for gaming, a powerful GPU is much more important than a powerful CPU. Also, the AMD chip should be fast enough for anything other than gaming too.

also, black edition means the unlocked multiplier, right? :) you see, i could take the 64x, but i do work with programs that are only Xp and 32 bit, so i don't know how i could do without them. i mean for me it's not enought just Nero, windows programs and stuff. i like more things to have,that are not for 64x's. and older games(i do play stronghold, stacraft, sometimes Age of Empire 2) those just getting with Xp, so what to talk about Vista 64x? but-eh, it is possible if i want to lol :)

EDIT:
Also, is there any Laptop with similar specifications? because i really need one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back