TechSpot

Building a new PC

By reysanglenn
Mar 31, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Hi, I'm building a new PC right here, I never use PC before, so I don't really understand about it, I hope you guys can help me. I want to know if this hardwares are suitable for each other or not,
    so these are my hardwares,

1. Motherboard : GA-Z87X-UD5H
    2. Processor : Intel Core i5 4670k
    3. Power Supply : Corsari TX 650 Watt Modular.
    4. GPU : ????

I have a trouble on choosing the right GPU unit, cound you guy give me a suggestion? I like to do a video editing, photo editing.. Which GPU should I use??

thanks a lot guys!!

2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,134   +2,596

AMD or nVidia?
    Crossfire or SLI?
    Budget?

3. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,476   +965

+1

@reysanglenn What video and photo editing programs do you use? This would help us determine which GPU is right for you.

4. GhostRyder

GhostRyder TS Evangelist Posts: 2,186   +587

Agreed, we need some more descriptive ideas on what you will be doing and what software's you will use to determine this.

Also a budget would help.

5. reysanglenn

reysanglenn TS Rookie Topic Starter

@GhostRyder @JC713 thanks guys I really realy appreciate your information, actually I'm trying to do Hackintosh, so I'll be using apps like iMovie, Compressor, FCPX, etc.

And apperently the GA-Z87X-UD5H is not available in my country, so I think I'll change it with GA-Z87X-UD3H. Will it bring a lot of change or not?

thank you so much!

6. reysanglenn

And the budget,, under US$ 200.. but I can go until around US$300

7. Jad Chaar

You may lose a few features, but it isnt a major difference.

As for the GPU, I would recommend either a GTX 750Ti, which goes for about $150-$180 or an AMD R7 265 which goes for around $160-180. If you want to go for a higher end GPU, I would recommend the GTX 760 for $250.

8. reysanglenn

Okay, thank you, I'll write that down, my friend recomened Gigabyte GV-N65TOC-1GI or Gigabyte GV-N65TOC-2GI are that good enough?
    I'm sorry I asked a lot of question, I never understand PC and windows before, cause I've been using MacBook for a long time, and now it's broken I need to replace it with another one, but I'm going with PC cause I want to learn something new :)
    I really appreciate your helps guys. Thank you so much!!

9. Jad Chaar

I would check this video out:

SNGX1275 likes this.
  10. reysanglenn

Thanks! that really help!