TechSpot

Building a PC case what should I use

By WoWer
Sep 14, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Im looking to build a pc case out a plexiglass (acrylic) but im worried about static buildup ruining my system, is plexiglass ok to use and if so should it be grounded? and how do i do that?
  2. Technochicken

Technochicken TechSpot Paladin Posts: 903

I do not think you will need to worry about static build up. As far as I know, nothing will have to be grounded, as this is done through your power supply. Have a look at THIS case. I almost bought this one myself, but then I got a hold of an old dell case that I'm modding.
  3. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,895   +88

4. rmammen

rmammen TS Rookie Posts: 32

Plexiglass does not inhibit the expulsion of static. There is no extra ground required besides that which is included in a psu for any case of any type.

I have a waterproof case that i fitted my various components into. After I verified that everything was running, I removed all the fans and filled the case with new engine oil. Now i have Zero cooling issues and Zero dust build up issues! Tada!
  5. WoWer

WoWer TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for the help, i needed the information cuz im gonna build one for my shop project for school =D ill mak sure to post pics afterwards.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.