Building my first compuer

By element89
Oct 4, 2008
  1. Hi, i dont know much about computers but i want to build my own so i can get a quality computer for a good price. I read a bunch of info on the internet about different parts and what they do and this is the computer i came up with.

video card-

power supply-

hard drive-

dvd burner-

Just wanted to get some feedback/advice on this because im not even sure if the parts will all work together. Also how hard is it to actually put a new computer together? I will be using this computer mostly for playing games and am spending around 1200$ and that includes monitor, keyboard and mouse.

Thank you for your time
  2. Circuit

Circuit TS Rookie Posts: 18

Ya everything will work together. But as for good bad, I would say a good upper mid level box
  3. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 5,431   +28

Try this build instead:

Grand Total = $953.98 without considering the rebates or shipping. Rebates should bring the price down by around $100 or so. Should leave you with more than enough cash for a suitable monitor, keyboard and mouse. And it's also far faster than your original build.

Good luck and let us know how it goes. :)
  4. element89

element89 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks alot! I was also wondering how much shipping and handleing would cost for all this stuff.
  5. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 5,431   +28

It shouldn't be too much, especially since you can pick up the items from NCIX from an NCIX walk-in store near you.

I changed some links BTW, I found some parts cheaper elsewhere. :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.