Bulldozer

By magaman598
Feb 11, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Anyone know when they're coming out? I heard it was sometime this year.
  2. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,783   +639

Scuttlebutt says it will be demo'ed at CEBIT (1-5 March). John Fruehe- the marketing face of AMD says unequivocably that the desktop Bulldozer CPU's will launch in Q2 (Apl-June), so unless it's a "paper launch", then Launch = Retail availability.
  3. magaman598

magaman598 TechSpot Booster Topic Starter Posts: 275

Thanks loads Zero, much appreciated.:D
  4. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,867   +74

They wouldn't dare Chef! :wave:
  5. magaman598

I'd die...

Red, I have something for you to look at, it's a driver hack to allow SLI on all platforms. You and the other people on here have probably seen/heard of it, I gave it a try but the way my motherboard was made I can't do it.

Link: http://xdevs.com/eplugins/content/content.php?content.30
  6. red1776

Hi Maga,
    I have not used it myself, but I have talked with and read that it works swimmingly and is problem free for the most part. Are you thinking of implementing it yourself? If so, maybe Chef can shed some practical light on its application.
  7. magaman598

Nah, I've already given it a go and had no luck and narrowed it down to the way my motherboard was produced. =P
  8. red1776

...well then, you've no choice...Go Radeon! :p:wave:
    seriously, Chef may be ale to help you make that adjustment. From what I understand, It works on "all" MB's....of course I have been wrong once or twice before :)
  9. magaman598

Well, wanna trade me then? I got 2 GTX 260s right next to me. :D
  10. red1776

What? and break up a set? :p
    I will ask DBZ if he has any ideas to get your 2nd 260 rolling. You will probably need it for Crysis 2 on enthusiast!
  11. magaman598

Nah, I'm not tooo worried about it Red, I'll be doing a Bulldozer rebuild when ti comes out with a pair of 570s if I can scrape up enough cash.

But, then again, it'd be nice to see that GTX out of the packaging and in the computer. >:D

Yea, I'll definatly need it for that. :p

12. red1776

You're already set on a Bulldozer build ey? I hope you are right. There seems to be a different tone from AMD with the pending BD release. They are not doing their usual 'lowering of expectations'.
  13. dividebyzero

The hack has problems with all Biostar boards as far I as know -even the TPower i45 - and the hack generally works with all P45 chipset boards. It also seems less than successful with some OEM branded (Intel/Pegatron etc. AMD Crossfire capable boards) from my understanding.
  14. magaman598

Yea, I know.

I'm really hoping they pull something outta their ***, lol.
  15. dividebyzero

Their production methods stink! One consolation, Bulldozer should be smaller die than the Phenom II X6
  16. red1776

and I heard that high K is slicker than SOI...so...that should help:p

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.