Bulldozer

Scuttlebutt says it will be demo'ed at CEBIT (1-5 March). John Fruehe- the marketing face of AMD says unequivocably that the desktop Bulldozer CPU's will launch in Q2 (Apl-June), so unless it's a "paper launch", then Launch = Retail availability.

Hi Maga,
I have not used it myself, but I have talked with and read that it works swimmingly and is problem free for the most part. Are you thinking of implementing it yourself? If so, maybe Chef can shed some practical light on its application.

Nah, I've already given it a go and had no luck and narrowed it down to the way my motherboard was produced. =P

Nah, I've already given it a go and had no luck and narrowed it down to the way my motherboard was produced. =P

...well then, you've no choice...Go Radeon! :p:wave:
seriously, Chef may be ale to help you make that adjustment. From what I understand, It works on "all" MB's....of course I have been wrong once or twice before :)

What? and break up a set? :p
I will ask DBZ if he has any ideas to get your 2nd 260 rolling. You will probably need it for Crysis 2 on enthusiast!

Nah, I'm not tooo worried about it Red, I'll be doing a Bulldozer rebuild when ti comes out with a pair of 570s if I can scrape up enough cash.

But, then again, it'd be nice to see that GTX out of the packaging and in the computer. >:D

Yea, I'll definatly need it for that. :p

Nah, I'm not tooo worried about it Red, I'll be doing a Bulldozer rebuild when ti comes out

You're already set on a Bulldozer build ey? I hope you are right. There seems to be a different tone from AMD with the pending BD release. They are not doing their usual 'lowering of expectations'.

...well then, you've no choice...Go Radeon! :p:wave:
seriously, Chef may be ale to help you make that adjustment. From what I understand, It works on "all" MB's....of course I have been wrong once or twice before :)
The hack has problems with all Biostar boards as far I as know -even the TPower i45 - and the hack generally works with all P45 chipset boards. It also seems less than successful with some OEM branded (Intel/Pegatron etc. AMD Crossfire capable boards) from my understanding.

You're already set on a Bulldozer build ey? I hope you are right. There seems to be a different tone from AMD with the pending BD release. They are not doing their usual 'lowering of expectations'.

Yea, I know.

I'm really hoping they pull something outta their ***, lol.

Back