Buring problems. Total noob to burning

74sundance

Hey guy's...

I always have problems burning..Either the disk will burn and only work on my PC or the process will stop when it comes time to burn and say there's no CD.I have the Matroska pack and Divx plus. I did manage to download an audio cd and burn it and have it work last night in my car.I think my problem is that my DVD player on my TV is not DIVX do I need to use a different Codec (WMA)? Does some one have an easy solution for burning?

I've got: DVD-R and DVD+R and CD-R
What should I use for what? Is there one CD/DVD I can get to do it all???

I'm running:
Bit Torrent
Real player SP
Win media player
Video free file converter

I have a Pentium (R) Dual-Core
E5200@2.5Ghz
2.50 Ghz,3.00Gb Ram
On Win XP with SP3
MB is a ASUS P5GC-MX/1333
Socket 775
DVD+R burner by LG

Hey guy's...
I always have problems burning..Either the disk will burn and only work on my PC or the process will stop when it comes time to burn and say there's no CD.I have the Matroska pack and Divx plus.
Have you tried "ImgBurn" ? https://www.techspot.com/downloads/3285-imgburn.html WTF is the "Matroska pack"?
I did manage to download an audio cd and burn it and have it work last night in my car.
Big deal, even Windows Media Player will burn CD Audio. You should give that a shot.
I think my problem is that my DVD player on my TV is not DIVX do I need to use a different Codec (WMA)? Does some one have an easy solution for burning?
The DVD player in the TV is probably DVD-Video format only, unless it specifically states otherwise. Even free standing players that claim Divx, won't play all forms of it. It certainly won't run .wma or .avi files.

I've got: DVD-R and DVD+R and CD-R
What should I use for what? Is there one CD/DVD I can get to do it all???
In a perfect world, yes. In this one, not a chance. Although you could ditch the DVD-R, there's no real need for it unless you have an old freestanding DVD recorder that needs them.

Data files and some others can be placed on CD or DVD. You wreck the quality of files when you convert them to different formats. Better to play them in the format you get them. Try installing VLC Media Player, it has codecs built in for almost every format.https://www.techspot.com/downloads/1888-vlc-media-player-for-windows.html

Burning problems ?

Can you say what you want to end up with on CD or DVD ? and what you are going to play it on? There are many programs that will do most things, some are very good at only a few things. For general burning of files, jpegs, mp3 tracks and video, I have found the free program 'BurnAware' to be as good as any, and not confusing to set up. You mention about playing a disc in the car, so that means you need to burn the music tracks in 'wave' format, and 'finalise' the disc. Possibly you have a car player that will play 'MP3s', in that case you can get many more tracks on it. It's very easy to ruin plenty of CD's that won't play at all.

Back