Similar to 1
VLC media player is a highly portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats (MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, mp3, ogg, ...) as well as DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. It can also be used as a server to stream in unicast or multicast in IPv4 or IPv6 on a high-bandwidth network. For subtitles you can download VLSub.
- Free, Open Source and cross-platform
- Independant of systems codecs to support most video types
- Live recording
- Instant pausing and Frame-by-Frame support
- Finer speed controls
- New HD codecs (AES3, Dolby Digital Plus, TrueHD, Blu-Ray Linear PCM, Real Video 3.0 and 4.0, ...)
- New formats (Raw Dirac, M2TS, ...) and major improvements in many formats...
- New Dirac encoder and MP3 fixed-point encoder
- Video scaling in fullscreen
VideoLAN and the VLC development team present VLC 1.1.11, a security release with some other improvements.
This release was necessary due to two security issues in the real and avi demuxers. It also contains improvements in the fullscreen mode of the Win32 mozilla plugin, the MacOSX Media Key handling and Auhal audio output as well as bug fixes in GUI, decoders and demuxers.
TechSpot means tech analysis and advice you can trust.