Bush demands Internet access tax ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
President Bush today called for Congress to maintain a ban blocking taxes on Internet access and for the US to increase the spread of broadband connections, during a speech in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

"Now, the use of broadband has tripled since 2000 from 7 million subscriber lines to 24 million," Bush said. "That's good. But that's way short of the goal for 2007. And so - by the way, we rank 10th amongst the industrialized world in broadband technology and its availability. That's not good enough for America. Tenth is 10 spots too low as far as I'm concerned."

Read more: The Register.

Originally posted by acidosmosis
Quote:

"That's not good enough for America. Tenth is 10 spots too low as far as I'm concerned." - Bush

Don't worry, George. We'll hit zero before you know it.

Hehe. Nice.

:haha:

Hit zero....!!! !HAHAHAH!

If you move 10 spots up from spot 10 you wind up at spot 0.

That's well "spotted".... ;)

Hey.. This is old news. So not quite "just in time for the election". Check out when the original post was made. :)

LoL, yes I see what you mean...

For anyone interested in what Bush & Kerry thinks about I.T. issues, you might be interested in this.
These are the questions "answered"
  • What government training, education and certification policies can help make American technology workers more competitive in the global economy?
  • What is the appropriate role of the federal and state governments regarding Internet telephony and other similar Internet applications?
  • What should the federal government do to address the issue of cyber security?
  • What is the appropriate role for the federal government in addressing concerns about content over the Internet?
  • What should federal policy be toward protecting intellectual property on the Internet -recognizing the harmless role played by mere conduits - and facilitating the free flow of ideas based on those creations?
  • What should the federal government do to encourage widespread broadband deployment to businesses and homes?
  • What should the federal government's role be in regard to protecting personal privacy on the Internet?
  • What should the federal government's role be in regard to SPAM?
  • What should the federal government do to encourage innovation and the broader use of wireless services that rely on unlicensed spectrum?
  • How can the federal government help small businesses better compete in the global, Internet-based economy?
  • How can the federal government better encourage investment in both basic and applied research and development?
  • How important is the IT industry to the growth and development of this nation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back