Can i make a back up disk of my current setup?

By Mr Freeze
Oct 29, 2007
  1. Ok i have completed a new build, with a few problems along the way. I had to learn how to make a slipstream copy of windows to include the SATA drivers so that i could install the OS.

So it got me wondering, now i have the PC up to speed with all the correct drivers, updates etc, can i make another slipstream copy of windows with all these lovely drivers and updates already set?

This way if i have to re-install at least it would bring me back to this point.

If i can where do i find all these drivers, are they all stored in one place?

Go slowly with the answers, i'm only just picking up this stuff
  2. robin_bga

robin_bga TS Rookie Posts: 171

U can but it requires some bit of experience to do it, its another way of customising yo OS, using some software that come with windows like Deploy.exe, either way u can create a ghost image and just install that its it more effective, and easy to create, using Norton Ghost.

Cheers Buddy
  3. Po`Girl

Po`Girl TS Rookie Posts: 595

4. Mr Freeze

Mr Freeze TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for the suggestion, but does the image remain on your HD or can you make a boot disk from it, how would it work if you had to re-install?

What i was aiming for was to build a OS disk with all my drivers on, if its possible, so that i could just install from that if needed.
    I'm thinking of something like say a Dell install disk, where it puts all their stuff on their packaged machines.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.