Can i make a back up disk of my current setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok i have completed a new build, with a few problems along the way. I had to learn how to make a slipstream copy of windows to include the SATA drivers so that i could install the OS.

So it got me wondering, now i have the PC up to speed with all the correct drivers, updates etc, can i make another slipstream copy of windows with all these lovely drivers and updates already set?

This way if i have to re-install at least it would bring me back to this point.

If i can where do i find all these drivers, are they all stored in one place?

Go slowly with the answers, i'm only just picking up this stuff

U can but it requires some bit of experience to do it, its another way of customising yo OS, using some software that come with windows like Deploy.exe, either way u can create a ghost image and just install that its it more effective, and easy to create, using Norton Ghost.

Cheers Buddy
Robin

Thanks for the suggestion, but does the image remain on your HD or can you make a boot disk from it, how would it work if you had to re-install?

What i was aiming for was to build a OS disk with all my drivers on, if its possible, so that i could just install from that if needed.
I'm thinking of something like say a Dell install disk, where it puts all their stuff on their packaged machines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back